battery discharging while plugged in
foofan29
Enthusiast - Level 1

Incredible 2 not charging, discharging, charging... I've had the phone for over a 1-1/2 yrs, no issues until recently.  Phone doesn't take charge, sometimes battery status states discharges and/or takes hours to charge to 100%  Remove battery, plug back in, same results. Checked for update; no updates.  Taken it in to Verizon store, not much they can do... Only advice given was to get an extended battery.  Only thing I haven't done is do the factory reset.  My upgrade is in 6 weeks. 

0 Likes
Re: battery discharging while plugged in
Not applicable

And your question is?????

0 Likes
foofan29
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone else have this problem?  If so, how was it resolved?

0 Likes
mschapman

I too had this same issue right before my upgrade. I got a new battery, charger, and went to the store - nothing fixed it. The store said the plug in part of the phone may have broke or went bad but it still charged in my car so I used that.

I ended up reactivating an old phone for the time being until next week when I get a new one!

0 Likes
foofan29
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your response, I will most likely do the same thing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Foofan29,

Being able to utilize your device when you need it the most is a part of having a ready battery, I have a few steps that will improve your battery life for your device. Utilize a task killer to make sure any open apps are closed when they are not being used.  Lowering the display on the device can also improve battery life as well on the device. 

Warren M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes