ceecee
ceecee37

I have a droid x phone that was givin to me and i want to know how can i get into the phone, it keeps asking for google account?

0 Likes
Re: ceecee
bearone21
Legend

do you presently have verizon phone service & a myverizon account?

if yes, create a gmail account on a computer with login/password, then enter that into the phone.

old phone off, *228 1 to activate. you'll need phone password, not necessarily password for verizon wireless.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It also sounds like the phone wasn't factory reset before the phone was given to you. You might need to factory reset the phone through the stock recovery before you can avtivate it under your and enter in your gmail acoount information.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

or it may just be asking you to sign in with your google account if you have one....which is a process that can be skipped or done later on most devices. every time i reset my device, it will ask me to sign in to my google account during the setup, but there is an option to skip it.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I took this portion as it was just asking for the password after too many security attempts, but we won't know for sure if the original poster doesn't return.

Quote: "i want to know how can i get into the phone, it keeps asking for google account?"

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i've never password protected my phone before, but do you typically use google for that? i thought that would be a built in feature, where you set the password (as opposed to using your google account)???? i am, however, prompted to sign in to google any time i am setting up a new device or after a factory reset.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have a pin that I enter after the "swipe to unlock" screen.  If a person unable to enter in the pin after so many attempts, the phone should after for the password the main Google/gmail account to allow a person to unlock the phone.  I have never tried to purposely miss-enter the pin to see if the password unlock works.  The few threads that I have read in here where they have gotten that far indicate that sometime the password entering doesn't work.  This would in turn force a person to factory reset the phone from the stock recovery.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If the device was given to you by the owner all you have to do is have them unlock the device and then hard reset the device for you because the owners email account information is the only information that will work...  If it is asking for email address this means that the wrong password was put into the device to many times and the device has locked itself down and for security reason blocks access until you input the owners account info.

There is ways around this but without understanding why you cant get the owner to unlock it I care not to instruct you o how to get around phones security feature unless I am sure its a lagitimate reason. 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i use a pin after the swipe also.

ann154:

if the phone's locked because of too many bogus attempts, i'm not sure the factory reset will free-up the lockout to activate.

it seems that motorola & verizon would be smarter than that.

0 Likes
ceecee37

I took it to verizon and she had to wipe it clean for me to get into it, so now i'm straight thanks everyone for your replies.

0 Likes