dinc2 battery life after 2.3.4 update?
ctr

After I updated my Incredible 2 to the 2.3.4 software my battery life is way less than before the update. Is there going to be a fix for the fix?

0 Likes
Re: dinc2 battery life after 2.3.4 update?
Not applicable

Ctr, thank you for sharing your concerns about your battery life. How long does your battery last after the update? Check to see what applications are running and close the ones you are no longer using (Settings>Applications>Running Programs). Also turn off wifi and Bluetooth when not using them if they are on. Here are some more steps for preserving battery life.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
ctr

Thank you for your response. I have noticed that right after the update that the battery life dropped very fast in comparison to right before the update. I had not changed any settings, in fact the battery life before was so much better before even with GPS enabled and my screen brightness turned all the way up. Now I have the brightness turned all the way down and the GPS, Wifi, and other apps disabled just in hopes of making it through the day, which I can't do without needing a recharge before the end of the day. My usage has not changed.

Thanks CTR

0 Likes
ctr

Fixed it, just did a factory reset and that took care of it. Thought I would share.

0 Likes
Not applicable

That's great! I know the factory reset can be a hard thing to do, but I'm glad your phone is working.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A battery discharge from full to when the phone shuts off on its own would have served the same purpose to reset the battery stats. The factory reset just reset everything.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes