droid x audio problems
droidxchicago

Since yesterday, my droid x has audio issues--no sound when making/receiving calls unless I use speaker setting.  Is this due to FROYO update.?  What can I do?

0 Likes
Re: droid x audio problems
Wildman
Legend

1.Try powering down and then pull battery for a minute and then power back up,

2. Check volume while on call by placing call and pressing volume up button

3. If that dont work a hard reset is usually required.

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

In addition to the steps in the first post,  try  making sure that the phone has the most updated software.    

From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch About Phone
Touch System Updates
Try dialing star *228 send and option 1 on the device to update the phone.
Then make sure that any other conflicting media applications are closed.  Once those applications are closed make sure to reset the volume back to high.  By pressing the volume key on the side of the device.
Or.
Touch Settings
Touch Sound & Display Settings
Touch Media Volume or Ringer Volume to adjust volume controls

Use a factory reset only as the last resort as the data on your phone would be lost.

Factory Reset option 1
Touch Settings
Touch Privacy
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Touch Erase Everything
Warning: This will erase all data from your phone, including:

• Your Google account
  • System and application data and settings
  • Downloaded Applications

It will not erase: Current System software and bundled applications; SD Card files, such as music or Photos

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

Seems to be an ongoing issue

Every two to three days, I will get an incoming call and when I answer, I get no incoming audio or outgoing audio.  I can hang up and call the OP back.  Same thing, neither of us can hear the other and I can not hear myself as I would normally.

I can do a temporrary fix just by powring down and back up.  At that point if I call the other person back conversation progresses normally.

Problem is that a couple days later the problem re-manifests itself.

I have done *228 option 1 each time

I have also pulled the battery each time

I also have checked for updates each time.  Settings/about/updates

Is Verizon aware of this issue?

Is the issue being worked?

0 Likes
PSAL
Same happened to me today. The sound settings under media devices indicated that a wired stereo device was connected although it was not. I connected some head phones to my droid and then powered it off. When I turned it back on, I then removed the headphones and the settings indicated a wired device was no longer connected and everything was back to normal.
0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

In my case, my only notification is anincoming call where I can hear the ring and answer the call but they can not hear me and I can not hear them.  I then power cycle the droid and then call them back and all is well for a while.

0 Likes
billkamp

I also experienced this issue. While working in the backyard, I worked up a sweat, and the phone was in my shirt pocket. The speaker stopped working, and the menu showed a headphone was connected. I took the back off the phone, took out the battery, and let the phone dry out. Then when it was dry, I rebooted ans the speaker worked fine.

0 Likes