email accounts quit working
nrcole33
Enthusiast - Level 1

Email accounts quit working on Droid X.  One a couple of months ago and another one this week.  I delete the accounts, but it won't let me set them back up.  I get and "Error Login to the account fails, Pease try again."  This is a yahoo account and an att account.  This happened last fall also.

0 Likes
Re: email accounts quit working
bearone21
Legend

yahoo has had issues, can you use yahoo webmail?

0 Likes
skyler66

Same thing happened to me with my comcast account; cannot log on anymore except via browser; very inconvenient.  Only had the phone five weeks now.  Same error message.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
avg4713

I am having the same problem.  I reset my phone last week and I cannot sync yahoo mail to my phone anymore.  And I cannot find the taskpanel xtra app.  Was it taken off the list?  Why won't the phone sync with yahoo?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello nrcole33,

Emails are still one of the most popular ways to communicate in today’s society! It’s really fast and SUPER convenient! There have been many concerns express about Yahoo! email on mobile devices. To address these concerns, there is a Yahoo! email app that available in the market. In the event that you are having an issue with your Yahoo! email on your device then I encourage the use of this app. It’s even easier to use than many other comparable apps and it free! To the community members that are interested in this app to give it a try and post your thoughts! I am eager to read the feedback!

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the last comment before yours was july 30th, my own comment about yahoo mail was made the day of the original post, july 28th & the original poster hasn't been back.

now you offer up the problematic yahoo app as a fix, 10 days after the original post???

0 Likes
nrcole33
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to a Verizon Store 2 days later.  They ended up resetting my phone to factory settings.  The Yahoo email accounts still wouldn't set up under Messaging.  They downloaded the Yahoo Mail app, so I used it for a week.  The battery would drain in less than 24 hours, and I don't use my phone much.  No phone calls, and no texting.  This week, I tried setting up my accounts again in Messaging, and they worked.  Battery will last at least 3 days.  I am happy now, until it hiccups again.

0 Likes
nrcole33
Enthusiast - Level 1

I liked the Yahoo Mail app, just drained my battery too fast, and I had the notifications turned off.

0 Likes