emptying email trash folder
dazlred

My  email trash folder claims it has over 5000 messages in it.  I can't seem to find a way to empty it except one at a time!  There is no way I can ever accomplish that.  There has to be a way to empty it all at once.  HELP!  No wonder my phone says I keep running out of memory - no duh!

0 Likes
Re: emptying email trash folder
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
You should be able to do that via the web, though my understanding was that the email apps native to android no longer saved emails on the phone, but rather re-synced them when the app is opened. Regardless, access your email on a computer and it should be much easier to delete them permanently there.
0 Likes
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

If you actually have 5000 messages, you need to pay closer attention to your time management or you're spending way too much time on the phone. I delete daily, often as soon as I see the headers. I've never allowed more than 25 messages to go undeleted at a time. I agree that there should be a global delete key but that's not Verizon's fault -- the software setup is Google's. Go on their forums and state your case and maybe someday they'll get around to it.

0 Likes
graason
Enthusiast - Level 1

same here. also When I do empty the trash, I come back and there they all are once again. Not empty. from the web from the site makes no difference.

0 Likes