google account no longer recognized in any app
gfpumpkins

My google account is no longer recognized.  I can't access the market.  When I try it says "You must add an account to the device to continue. Do you want to add one now?"  When I press yes, I just get sent back to the home screen.  I can't access gmail through the actual gmail app.  When I try to open it, I can see it tries to show me a message, but it immediately bumps me back to the home screen.  Yet the mail app itself seems to be working perfectly fine.  Almost all of my contacts have been deleted.  The only ones that show up are ones that didn't for whatever reason sync with my actual google account (even the preinstalled numbers for verizon are gone). 

I've tried restarting the phone. Pulled the battery out. I cleared out cached data from the market app.  I've tried syncing my google account in various spots (in settings, in the mail app).  This phone has been the bane of my existence, to the point that if I can't get this fixed in the next day, I will be returning it. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google account no longer recognized in any app
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

@gfpumpkins

Its very upsetting to have  market errors and a error with your Google account syncing. I want to fix this with your help immediately. Thank you for all the troubleshooting you have already done.

Can you see your contacts on Gmail from a laptop or PC? If its a error that was caused by an application, I would recommend a hard reset. Please make sure your device is backed up prior to resetting. Here's a link for the hard reset.

It may be caused by the market experiencing an error while updating. Several of our customers have downloaded from the browser "market apk " and this has fixed the issue.

Please let me know if you still experience any errors and I'll gladly further troubleshoot with you.

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

@gfpumpkins

Its very upsetting to have  market errors and a error with your Google account syncing. I want to fix this with your help immediately. Thank you for all the troubleshooting you have already done.

Can you see your contacts on Gmail from a laptop or PC? If its a error that was caused by an application, I would recommend a hard reset. Please make sure your device is backed up prior to resetting. Here's a link for the hard reset.

It may be caused by the market experiencing an error while updating. Several of our customers have downloaded from the browser "market apk " and this has fixed the issue.

Please let me know if you still experience any errors and I'll gladly further troubleshoot with you.

Thank you

0 Likes
lstorey

How do you download the market apk?

0 Likes