have done everything but still can't text
ewingold18
I have had this phone for 1 day and shortly did a factory restore..pulled battery etc...still can't text was told if i did *228 i would fry my 4 g simply card help me
0 Likes
Re: have done everything but still can't text
Wildman
Legend

May want to give more information....

1. Can you make calls, if so its not a network activation issue?

2. Are you haveing any errors when attempting to send text and if so what errors?

3. When did the issue start?

4. Are you using tha stock SMS application or a 3rd party software?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Also I would suggest calling customer service from another phone and verify that your account is provisioned to allow text messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ewingold18
Can make calls do everything except text..weird just got my phone from Verizon yesterday
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

ewingold18 wrote:
Can make calls do everything except text..weird just got my phone from Verizon yesterday

Then I would go with the suggestion that Ann made about checking your account with Cs to be sure you have this option added.. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Did you recently port your phone number over to Verizon?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ewingold, please let us know if you are still having issues with your messaging. If so, is this happening for sending or receiving or both? Are you getting an error message? Also, it is important to know that messages from other carriers can take up 72 hours to start working after a port request is completed. In that case, your messages will still be sent to your old phone. 

Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

0 Likes