Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hotspot
Meglove5678

I've Been Using The Hotspot Since I Don't Have The Internet Right Now.... Now It Says It Comes With My Plan And When I Called Verizon To Ask If Hotspot Was Free They Said NO It Runs The Data Up More But Yet Online Says It's Like Wi-Fi So My Question Is Is It Free Or Does It Go Against Your Data....

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: hotspot
Not applicable

The hotspot uses data. Whether or not it's free depends on what plan you have. If you are on a Share Everything plan then yes it's include for free. But it still uses data and counts against you data cap.

View solution in original post

wirelessman

Let me start that this is based on my findings. I still have "Unlimited Data" plan and no the WiFi hotspot isn't free. At least in my case, I'm on a 4G network and I pay $30 a month for this . My brother told me Verizon didn't offer Unlimited Data , but the truth is , they don't anymore. My contract runs out in 7 to 8 months and if I want to upgrade to a new phone, I will have to sign a new contract without Unlimited Data ! This wasn't your question...sorry. What I do is run my Laptop off my WiFi hotspot and if I stream a video, it can turn into 1 to 2 GB of Data in just 90 min to 2 hours. I'm not sure what the limits are on Data plans , but the Verizon Girl told me Im not well suited for a Data Plan with limits ! I like being able to carry my Laptop anywhere I go and have killer fast internet. How Fast ? I have measured 15,000kbps downstream and 18,000kbps upstream ! No , that's not as fast as my Charter 100MBPS I have at home on my desktop, but it is fast enough to stream video or TV or send videos or upload video to facebook very quick.  4G ROCKS ! I cant really say anything about 3G, haven't had it for a while now. I used to have a Palm Pre Plus about a year and a half ago, and they did offer a FREE WIFI HOTSPOT ! I asked why it didn't come free with my Droid....she said sales were slow with the Palm devices and it was added to improve sales. Oh well.  I hope this helped you with your questions.

0 Likes
Meglove5678

I Have a 4G phone & Verizon CC said it wasn't free but it's in the plan i have i can't find anything online to help me out

0 Likes
Not applicable

The hotspot uses data. Whether or not it's free depends on what plan you have. If you are on a Share Everything plan then yes it's include for free. But it still uses data and counts against you data cap.

wirelessman

AMERICA'S CHOICE 450 =$39.99/mo
250 Messages$5.00/mo

My Unlimited Data is $30 and Hotspot is $30 . If I didnt have unlimited data , I'd be paying for data just like anyone else, $20 per 1st 2GB and $20 for each GB after . My earlier post was in fact a link...thats why its was jumbled up...I guess.

Message was edited by: wirelessman  When I post this , on my end the bill looks all jumbled, what do you see ?Above is my Bill charges, add it up and you see I pay about $100 mo. Because I message my Daughter (I have  2Grand Children) a lot , I pay a little xtra for going over my 250 message allotment . My bill this coming month is $111.00. I dont know what plan you have but my Hotspot is an add on. I also dont worry about paying for Data. I have read that all hotspots with Verizon cost $30 month.  Does your plan/bill look like mine , besides the unlimited data ?

Sorry I couldnt be of any help.

0 Likes
wirelessman

Thank you Brian , you cleared that up very nice !

0 Likes
House44

What I do to get around not having the Hot Spot, is using Bluetooth tethering. I link my 2 devices by bluetooth and it gives my tablet an internet connection if I am out of the house and there is no free Wi-Fi. Works pretty well too!

0 Likes