how can i import an mp3 to a Notification Ringtone under the "Sound Settings"?
scrimshaw

how can i import an mp3 to a Notification Ringtone under the "Sound Settings"? (i can do it to "Phone Ringtones" easy, but not Notifactions)

0 Likes
Re: how can i import an mp3 to a Notification Ringtone under the "Sound Settings"?
RonAnderson
You can go directly to the mp3 long press and pick set as ringtone then go in to notifications and set the new ring tone.
0 Likes
Re: how can i import an mp3 to a Notification Ringtone under the "Sound Settings"?
scrimshaw

thanks but what you decribe is how to set a RINGTONE.. for INCOMING CALLS

I want to set an MP3 tone to NOTIFICATION Ringtone for NOTIFICATIONS:

0 Likes
RonAnderson
Yes it sure is and when you go into menu, sounds, notifications, the SAVED RINGTONE will be in your notification window.

And next time you yell screw you and read the book!
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
This might work as well and will allow drag and drop of mp3 files. This is written as if the phone is connected to the computer.
In the sd card, check if there is a folder called media. In the media folder verify or create a folder called audio. Within the audio folder create the following folders: alarms, notifications, and ringtones. These should be typed exactly as written. Copy or move the files into the folder you want them in. Disconnect the phone from the computer and let the remount the sd card. Now go into your notification or ringtones list. The files you put into the individual folders should automatically be there.

I know that this works on the Eris and I got the method back when only the eris and droid 1 was available. I just can't remember exactly where I got it. Hopefully it also works for the Droid 1.

@Ron
Be nice please.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RonAnderson
@Ann. That is me being nice. :smileyhappy:) if I would've done it like I wanted too I would've been banned. LOL.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Honestly I more surprised the mods didn't word filter it. And I know what you mean, I have had to hold my tongue (not literally LOL) a few times too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes