how do i get my voicemail notification to appear?
Captainjohnny

It seems like I should be able to get some type of voicemail notification other than a silly song.  I would like a number by the voicemail icon, similar to what I have for text messages and missed calls.  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i get my voicemail notification to appear?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Captainjohnny,

Great question! If you are looking for something more than the standard notification options there are apps you can download from the Google PlayStore that allow you to do more with the notifications: http://bit.ly/1nQb1mk .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Captainjohnny,

Great question! If you are looking for something more than the standard notification options there are apps you can download from the Google PlayStore that allow you to do more with the notifications: http://bit.ly/1nQb1mk .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Captainjohnny

How do I get the "standard" notification to appear? I can't seem to

find anything that tells me I have a voicemail unless I dial *86 and

listen to see if one is there. Thanks -- John C

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Captainjohnny,

I can understand wanting a notification to appear when you have a voicemail. If you go into your Applications, you should have an icon for Voicemail. If you press and hold that down you should be able to bring that to the main page of your phone. Then re-test leaving a voicemail to see if it will show a number in the corner of the application. Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Captainjohnny

I have it on the main page of the phone but no notification about having

a voicemail. John

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have Visual Voicemail or the Basic Voicemail? The "count number" on the icon will only appear if you are subscribed to the Visual Voicemail. For the Basic Voicemail, you should get the symbol in the notification bar area of the phone indicating a new message. If you are not getting that symbol, then your notification preferences for voicemail might be turned off either via the phone itself or within the voicemail system. I don't have the DROID X to walk you through the steps to verify your settings within the device itself.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes