how long does your Charge last on a full charge? (pun intended)
SandraW

how long does your Charge last on a full charge? (pun intended)

I don't use my phone that much.  Probably 30 minutes of voice calls

and 1.5 hour of surfing and playing with apps.  The rest is maybe 10

hours in standby.   That's all I get before the batter meter shows red.  

I have a 2nd battery that I bought directly from VZW's website.  It last

just about the same.....

My 4G is turned off all the time because I live in a 3G-only town. 

Whenever possible, I keep the 3G and WiFi turned off as well.

The brighness is always below 30% and screen auto-ff at 15 secs.

Can this be right? seems awful short to me.

0 Likes
Re: how long does your Charge last on a full charge? (pun intended)
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

SandraW

There are almost as many posts in the various forums about battery life as there are about dropped calls and other issues.  I would suggest taking a look around.

My personal experience on 3G only is anywhere from 10 - 18 hours depending on use and signal strength.  Keep in mind that these are mini computers that are always connected in some way.  You cannot compare a smart phone such as this to a feature phone.  I found that the Charge has similar battery life to my old ATT iPhone 3GS.  The best battery life I have ever seen in a smart phone is the iPhone 4.  My wife has one and I am amazed at how good the battery life is compared to other smart phones.

0 Likes
addysdaddy
Contributor - Level 1

With a little tlc, I'm getting 12-18 hrs of battery life.  The keys to maximizing battery longevity that I've found are:

o turn off data when not required.  (e,g,  while sitting at your desk next to a computer)

o download and use the app killer.  (before finishing using the phone, I hit the app killer - always)

o screen brightness on manual at a slightly lower level then automatic settings in a normally lite room

o leave GPS and WIFI functions enabled

My wife is a light user and her phone lasts for two days. (lol)  My son who lives in NYC and is lucky enough to have 4G everywhere gets 10-12 hrs, and he's a heavy user, especially of Google maps. He's the worse case but is very judicious about managing his battery. (perhaps the word is obsessive)  Prior to the app killer and do these things, I couldn't go more then 5 hrs before recharging.  Your mileage may vary but I believe these things will help.

0 Likes
Not applicable

SandraW,

Good Morning!

The Samsung Droid Charge has a usage time of up to 660 minutes. That breaks down to up to 11 hours of usage time. I would use the tips from the community to stretch that time out, including the screen brightness, real time widgets, and the wifi/data toggle to name a few. 

Thank you!

0 Likes