incredible 2 skype video call help
shorebeachy

I am trying to set up skype on the new Incredible 2 so I can make skype video calls.  After set up I was able to make a call but have not been succesful making a video call.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: incredible 2 skype video call help
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your inquiry. The Driod Incredible 2 does have a front facing camera, but is unable to use any video calling. Verizon Wireless and Skype are working on a new service for 4G LTE Smartphones that will enable video calling. The application will be called Skype Mobile with Video. While Skype Mobile with Video won't be available when the first 4G LTE Smartphones launch, we continue to work together to deliver the application as soon as we can, but we don't have a specific date to share at this time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smlentpr

I'm having the same problem  - the voice comes through - but not a picture or video. . .

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure the Skype app for Android phones is capable of doing video calls? I know that Skype with video was supposed to come on the Thunderbolt, but I haven't seen the official application yet. Maybe it is not available for the HTC Droid Incredible 2 yet either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your inquiry. The Driod Incredible 2 does have a front facing camera, but is unable to use any video calling. Verizon Wireless and Skype are working on a new service for 4G LTE Smartphones that will enable video calling. The application will be called Skype Mobile with Video. While Skype Mobile with Video won't be available when the first 4G LTE Smartphones launch, we continue to work together to deliver the application as soon as we can, but we don't have a specific date to share at this time.

0 Likes
Soulchaser
Enthusiast - Level 3

EdW_VZW....you failed to mention that the Incredible 2 is NOT a 4G phone...so it doesn't matter.

0 Likes
MostlyALurker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Soulchaser wrote:

EdW_VZW....you failed to mention that the Incredible 2 is NOT a 4G phone...so it doesn't matter.

Yeah Ed, that wasn't very helpful. Since I don't have the TB (and don't want it), I don't really care what it can do. But what good is a front-facing camera if you can't use it for video calls (well, I know you can use other apps, but really, why not Skype?)? Will skype video calling work on wifi? And why will Skype work for video calling on the VZW iPhone but not on Android OS?

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

The only reason I have not demanded a different replacement for my Thunderbot is the fact that the leaked Skype w/ video apk works amazing and I use it daily to talk to family on their pc. I have considered the Dinc 2 but fear if I jump ship from the Tbolt the bugs will be worked out the next day. My point being that the fact that I have gotten a leaked version of a video chat app that works far better than tango or qik leads me to believe the hold up is Verizon. They supposedly pulled Skype from the Tbolt before launch for unknown reasons but I can say the leaked Skype w/ video has less bugs than the Tbolt in general so the fact they pulled an app from a flawed phone and still released the phone means their probably trying to figure out how to block it to wifi only or charge us for it. 

0 Likes
ives

Any chance you may want to share where/how did you get that leaked video chat ap?

0 Likes
Lilkainz

I just purchased an Incredible 2 today.  My husband purchased his last week.  We were told in the store that we would be able to use Skype for video calls.  He works on the other side of the country and that was the main reason we purchased these phones.  Are you saying that the sales rep completely told a lie?  If I can't use Skype mobile or another program for video chats there was no reason for us to purchase these phones.

0 Likes
MostlyALurker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lilkainz wrote:

I just purchased an Incredible 2 today.  My husband purchased his last week.  We were told in the store that we would be able to use Skype for video calls.  He works on the other side of the country and that was the main reason we purchased these phones.  Are you saying that the sales rep completely told a lie?  If I can't use Skype mobile or another program for video chats there was no reason for us to purchase these phones.

It seems that way, at least currently. Or more likely, the Verizon rep had no idea what he was talking about, and was trying to make a sale.

0 Likes