incredible for free?
Derek32880
Contributor - Level 1

I read somewhere that  the droid Incredible will be discontiuned sometime in  March......    IF  that is the case    in  late Feb or early March before they stop selling it   will they offer it for free?  or will it stay at $150  till they stop selling it completley

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: incredible for free?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
They usually go on BOGO at best, but you may want to check out Best Buy, but review their specific contractual obligations first.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend
Yes, No, Maybe... Any answer you would get here is just a guess, so I will get your hopes up and say YES!!!!
0 Likes
Derek32880
Contributor - Level 1

well i mean  any other time  when they start to  discontinue phones  do they usally offer them for free to get rid of'em?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
They usually go on BOGO at best, but you may want to check out Best Buy, but review their specific contractual obligations first.
0 Likes
Derek32880
Contributor - Level 1

ooops  i clicked on solved by mistake    I already tried Best Buy  they won't give it to me cause i'm not out of contract yet  or  not eligeble for the new every 2    i'm only eligible for an annual upgrade  thats why i asked

0 Likes
B33
Legend

U might check HTC Store web site they may have a better offer than Best Buy they allways have Devices on sale. Or try shopamerica.htc.com!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

they usually do the buy one get one....then drop the price. i remember watching the moto razor and the lg envy touch go down to $99 then $49 then i thing $29. but you will still only get the offer if you are eligible for your upgrade.

0 Likes
Jude526

I doubt very seriously Verizon will discontinue this device anytime soon.  It is exactly as it name states

INCREDIBLE  It is one of the top sellers so why would they discontinue it?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
The incredible will be EOL (end of life) by the end of march, as will most phones currently in the droid lineup, to make room for a slew of phones that will must likely be announced on thursday unloading the HTC thunderbolt (or incredible HD), an LTE device that will replace the incredible.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

ditto demmo. from here on it, it seems pointless to me to even sell any droid that is not LTE capable. i suspect that we will see deep discounts and buy one get one's on almost all of their smartphones over the next few months. i would think they'd want to get rid of whatever they have in order to push the coming LTE devices (that is, IF those are coming soon. it could still be late spring before we actually see them...and then it may only be a few to choose from???)

0 Likes