Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lost contacts
bclinton

I clicked on a contact a few days ago, my screen flashed and all my contacts are gone.   In store tech checked a little bit, but was scare to do much thought something must be corrupt in my phone.  My new phone arrived and the in store tech said all my contacts were gone.  How does that happen.  I am not a real phone geek, infact I always take my new phones in to have the set up in the store because I want to make sure everything is done right in the first place.  Anyone ever had something like this happen??  Just wondered if they are there somewhere???  This is so frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: lost contacts
SydneyK

So when you used your gmail account to sign in and activate the new phone, the contacts never populated? Try this: Sign into that gmail account on a computer to see if your contacts are there. From your phone, go to Settings>Accounts & Sync, and sync the Google account (and Backup Assistant if you have contacts saved to your phone only).

0 Likes
Re: lost contacts
jco23
Novice

it could your SIM card, but if you download and install the VZW backup assistant, you should get them back.

however, I would highly recommend using google to sync your contacts and do NOT use any other account (phone, SIM, FB, etc.) to display your contact list.  simply sign in to your gmail account and edit your contacts there - they'll immediately sync to your phone (provided you have an enable auto-sync).

0 Likes