multimedia messaging problems
LinyantiDinc2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whenever i press the download button within multimedia messages i recieve.....it says downloading but then nothing happens. There is no notification in the status bar or anything until a few minutes later in the status bar it says generic network problems. Whats up with that?

Re: multimedia messaging problems
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
Same on mine ... Doesn't save to Downloads, though I don't get that network error message. I just select Save instead, and it saves photos to my SD card (I may have had to set that as default).
0 Likes
LinyantiDinc2
Enthusiast - Level 2
But the thing is...nothing downloads at all. No pictures videos sound nothing. It just says downloading. Nothing is saved to my SD card because nothing is downloaded to begin with.
0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi LinyantiDinc2,

I understand the importance of being able to save pictures that are sent to you in a message. I'm sure it's frustrating that your device is not performing this function. Are you able to send pictures successfully? Please attempt to send a picture to your own mobile number, as this will test both your incoming and outgoing capabilities. 

I have researched my references on this device and I am not showing this as a known issue. Please understand that I am not doubting you. I would like to provide you with some troubleshooting steps.

Please perform a soft reset of the device. Note: you will not lose any data on your device. Below I have provided these steps.

-Remove the battery from the phone while it is powered on

-Wait 60 seconds

-Re-attach the battery and power the phone on

-Have a picture sent to you and attempt to save

Please let us know the results, as we want to make sure that your picture messaging service is functional.

Thank you! 

0 Likes
LinyantiDinc2
Enthusiast - Level 2
I appreciate u trying to help.but once again my issue has NOTHING TO DO WITH SAVING. I cannot recieve or send multimedia messages. When I press the download button nothing happens. All it says is downoading but nothing actually gets downloaded.
0 Likes
bfg123

I am having the exact same problem with my Samsung Stratosphere.  I went to the store where I got it today.  There, they turned on my 4g (I had been using my wireless before) and the message immediately worked.  They didn't do anything special.  Then my dad happened to send me a picture text as soon as I left, and I had the same problem again.  Have tried numerous times to switch between 4g and wireless.  Have tried the soft reset.  Nothing is working again...

0 Likes
jones955
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the List as well it wont let me send out photos or get photos and videos in my SMS/MMS message. I tried

Remove the battery from the phone while it is powered on

-Wait 60 seconds

-Re-attach the battery and power the phone on

-Have a picture sent to you

all that works fine then i hit download and it  says downloading then download and decline comes back this happens two or three times then I get the RED TRIANGLE with a RED ! mark in it  saying MESSAGE NOT DOWNLOADED

0 Likes
jones955
Enthusiast - Level 1

You know what I fixed it...

On January 9, 2012 Verizon started a new way to get your SMS/MMS message.

Try downloading the Verizon Messages App In the Market place and see if that dose it now I can open and see video and Pictures.

0 Likes
smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

If none of those work try GOSMS, it seems to be one of the top aps, although I would say that the incredible 2 did have those problems for me regardless of what app I used. Be sure to 611 and let them know so they can get a fix worked out.

0 Likes
bjburchfield

I had the same problem on my Samsung Charge, but I installed the Verizon Messages App from Google Play and was able to download my messages!!  Yeah!!!  Thanks Jones955!!

0 Likes