no longer get caller ID or caller ringtones???
loridmv

A couple of weeks ago we stopped getting caller ID on our verizon phone service. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: no longer get caller ID or caller ringtones???
Not applicable

Sign into your "My Verizon" account, and click on the "change features" link.  It's under "My Verizon > change features" link.   Caller ID is a feature that must be enabled. Possibly is got disabled.  It's a free feature on a Droid X, so there should be no cost to enable it.

Good Luck,

0 Likes
loridmv

I already checked that out all is on in my plan...this has also happened on my my husband phone he has a cosmo. I live in an extend network area and I use to beable to have many features that I can not get now. If this is an problem will I be able to get out of my contract. I have been a long time Verizon client but where I live now is ouside of their area. Could that be the problem?

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good afternoon and thank you dirbon, for your response!

loridmv, we certainly don't want to lose you as a valued customer!  I understand the Caller ID feature is very important, as we may not always want to answer the phone when certain people call us.  Even though you are in the Extended Network, the Caller ID should still work.  Are the contacts in your contact lists?  Does your phone display Unavailable/ Private, or do you see the number of the person calling you?  If you've moved out of the area, the number for your contacts may need to be changed to include the area code.  If the area code is missing, it will not auto-correct in your contact list.  For example, you may have Jane Doe saved as 555-1234, but because you moved, you may need to update that contact to include the area code, (888) 555-1234. 

You mentioned that you don't get other features that you use to get before, what are those features?  I want to help you get the most out of your wireless service.  Please feel free to Follow, and then send me a Direct Message, and I will be happy to personally assist you.

Thank you,

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
loridmv

Hello,

Thanks for reponding. All of my contacts are in my phone with area codes. but when they call like if my husband calls me it come up as "Call Unavalible". I even have a ringtone assigned and the phone will not ring that tone and a picturein his profile and it will not show the picture. Both my phone and my husbands phone does this. When you look at missed calls it will show as unknown. Our phones use to work now they don't. Please help.

Lori

0 Likes