no service
shad0wembrace

It was working fine all day, I got home, and about 2 hours ago I tried to call a friend and none of my texts would go through.  Found out that none of my calls are going through, also people are texting/calling me but none of them are coming through.  They say m phone rings, but it doesn't tell me I miss a call or anything.

My bars just keep flashing, but no service really.  Can't do FB, Twitter, or any internet. 

Please help. 😞 

I have tried the following:

- Turn on/off
- Taken the battery out while it was off and on.

- Toggled Airplane Service off and on.

- Toggled Non-Market Applications to work off and on

- Plugged it into a charger

None of this has worked.  I called Verizon and they couldn't fix it, told me to call back in the morning.          

Message was edited by: Amanda Bishop  So after plugging it in, a few moments later I got service back, but the phone wasn't even at half battery. 

Message was edited by: Amanda Bishop Full service wasn't obtained.  Started getting texts, but not able to reply.  Also no phone calls in or out.

0 Likes
Re: no service
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you dialed *228, option 1 to reprogram the phone to the Verizon Wireless network?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

Did you call Verizon back?

~D

0 Likes
steve300

In my neighborhood the voice and data transmitters are frequently down. Verizon Tier 2 support told me this is a problem they know about but there is no plan to fix the transmitters. Try to get a network ticket to see if that is the case in your location.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

There is also a free APP in Market called "OpenSignal" ... it is a handy tool that will show you where your tower is, and the signal strength of your cell signal ...   and as Ann suggested - dial *228 - but option #2 is the one that updates your PRL,

0 Likes
Not applicable

shad0wembrace,

I know going this amount of time without cellular service would be frustrating. If this is still an ongoing issue for you, please let myself and the community know so this gets resolved for you.

Thank you

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes