outgoing mail server settings
lgtccjm

I am trying to setup my outgoing mail server.  Incoming mail works fine.  I need to set port 2525.  Whenever I set this, Android resets the port to 587 and then it doesn't work.  How do I enter and save port 2525.

0 Likes
Re: outgoing mail server settings
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the manual setup?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lgtccjm

yes, tried setting up new and as manual setting.  Enter 2525 and setup seems to work. but no mail ever leaves and when I go back to settings it reverts to port 587

0 Likes
Not applicable

Go to your ISP homepage and under support look for your pop settings and smtp settings (incoming & outgoing)

your isp may require authentication or it may require the ports to be different 110 or 252 etc.

Many isp's will help you set email up on your device via calling them. It saves you a load of grief.

Good Luck

0 Likes
lgtccjm

Been there, done that.  The issue is how do I get this version of android to hold the port setting 2525 on the outgoing mail server.  I set it.and there is  no error message but no email is successfully sent and when I go back to the outgoing mail server settings the port is back to 587 (or something). I would like to know how to set my outgoing mail server port to 2525 and have it stay on that setting.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Maybe you can get K9 Mail or another app free or paid that will accept your settings.

I have found the stock app that came with the phone is useless.

You can always try another email app and if you don't like it try another. Sometimes isp's have their own email program app.

Good Luck

0 Likes
lgtccjm

well the frustrating thing is that it used to work but I recently had to change the password on my email and now I cannot get it working again.  Multiple android updates have obviously made it easier to use except for those of us using outgoing mail server port 2525.  I was hoping someone from verizon or someone with knowledge of android could help me.  Yes I can use a different outgoing mail server but then replies come in to a different account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for doing so much already, lgtccjm! Is this a personal email address or corporate?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lgtccjm

I am trying to setup my work email account.  It is at swishmail.com.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information lgtccjm!

Have you tried setting up as a corporate email account http://vz.to/15IXKh8?  Let me know how that works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes