phone wont update
woodwind_86
My incredible will not fully update to the 4.08 update.
It has pratially updated for the fact hat my contacts are all.screwed up and my pictures go in and out, but that is it. Like I can't not change my contacts at all, I can't save them, and I get an error everytime i try to edit any contacts. And my music for each contact is wrong..
I am annoyed with it.
And then I looked at my back up assistance online, and it doesn't show all my contacts.
Now my phone is saying new update again for the 4.08 but I am scared to do it.
Help please
0 Likes
Re: phone wont update
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello woodwind_86!

I see you're getting annoyed by this update issue, and I do understand your concern with proceeding with the update.  I would like to help.

There was an update that had issues, which is probably the first update that came to your phone.  I would like to recommend you proceed with the current update you just received.  It actually resolved a lot of the bugs that came with the previous update.  I am including the update instructions in the link here.

Please let me know how the update works out for you.

0 Likes
mtnhack

I am having the same issue, however my phone has received the update on 3 different occasions and failed every time.

The first time it happened was the only time that I got a message stating that it failed.  The subsequent attempts seemed to just revert back to a normal operating state without any changes.

Help!

0 Likes
mtnhack

Well, there it is... FAILED again!

It seems to get stuck on the reboot screen and then reverts back to "your system is currently up to date" **bleep**.

grrrrrrrrrrr

:smileymad:

0 Likes
RacerGurl11
Enthusiast - Level 2
Do a factory reset. I was having an issue updating to 4.08 where it would say it failed and than it would just sit on the reboot screen. I finally did a factory reset and it updated with no issues. Downside is you lose anything not on ur SD card but its worth doing it
0 Likes