Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pictures
brock123

I have the droid incredible 2. I am getting a new phone so i want to make sure i save these pics to my computer or sd card. How do I do this?

0 Likes
Re: pictures
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Connect the phone to a computer as a disk drive and copy the pictures over? There might be two drives one for the internal storage and one for the SD card/external storage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
brock123

I have the phone connected to the computer by the charge cord. Is this what i need to do. if so then what?

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

On the phone, pull down the notification window and select the USB connection line. Change the connection type to disk drive/mount as drive and okay it. Let the computer load the drivers.

The instructions for this are also included in the online user manual.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
brock123

there is nothing in the notification window

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

If there isn't a USB symbol in your notification line then something isn't connected properly. Are you using the USB cable that came with the phone?

0 Likes
brock123

YES

0 Likes
SydneyK

On your phone, go to Settings > Connect to PC > Default Connection Type > Disk Drive and save. Then connect to your computer and see if that works.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi brock123, I'm sorry your experiencing issues with transferring your pictures to your computer. Thanks so much for your help SydneyK. I hope your last steps resolved the customer's issue. We have a few different options to transfer pictures to your PC and listed below is a link for steps to use the Backup Assistance Plus option that we offer.

http://products.verizonwireless.com/index.aspx?id=fnd_backupAssistantPlus

I also wanted to provide steps for transferring your pics to your PC using Vcast Media Manager.

https://videos.verizonwireless.com/How-do-I-trnsfer-pics-videos-from-dvc/v/PK5PBAM9/

1.   From the Windows desktop, click Start > (Programs) All Programs > V CAST Media Manager > V Cast Media Manager.
  2. Drag and drop the file (music / pictures / videos) on the destination tab (Computer / Device / CD).
    Note Alternately, right-click the file then click Transfer > To Phone / To CD / To PC.

3. From the Transfers tab, ensure the destination location is selected then click START TRANSFER (located at the lower-left side of the screen).
    Note If transfering to a CD, ensure Burn Audio CD / Burn Data CD is selected then click START BURNING

To Device

To Computer

To CD

4.   If presented, adjust as desired then click OK.

• To transfer music files to the handset, ensure the device is in synchronization mode. 

• To transfer pictures / videos to the handset, ensure the device is not in synchronization mode.

5.   If presented, click OK.

Please keep me posted on your progress with utilizing the above features.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes