Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powered off my phone, now it won't turn on.
stupidbutton

I've been having issues with my lock/power button for a while.My phone started acting crazy, so I powered it off. Usually I can plug it in and hold the volume key to turn it back on, but that hasn't worked this time. I've tried 2 different chargers with no luck. Any ideas or suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: powered off my phone, now it won't turn on.
Nyobie_B

My DINC 4G did the same thing this morning when I reinserted the battery.  I had to press the power button quickly, a few times like tap, tap, tap, then the phone turned on.  It was the first time my phone did this and I was a bit worried at first, but it worked.  You might want to try what I did and see if it works unless your phone is already working now.  Good luck!

0 Likes
jlong0590

I have that problem sometimes and I have to take and remove the battery. Then give it a minute and put it back in and then yurn it on.  That is what I do, I hope it helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm not familiar with this problem you guys are having.
Since there are a few of you having the same problem, we can determine if this is a hardware or software issue.

First, soft reset the phone.
A soft reset is the most useful tool for resolving a variety of issues. In most cases, a soft reset will not affect data on the device, unless the battery is very low.

If unable to perform a soft reset, remove then re-insert the battery.

Press the Power key.
Select Restart.
Select Restart.

Does the power button seem to be pushed in or defective in any way?
I look forward to your reply. 

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
emptyspiralforever

My phone is doing a similar thing. The navigation bar on the bottom part of the screen where it has the apps grid logo and the phone randomly moved to the right side of the screen, but it's never moved before, even if I turned my phone sideways for the sensor. So I rebooted my phone and it still had the navigation bar in the same place. After turning it on again, it would go to the white HTC Quietly Brilliant screen, then say Droid, then have all the words swirling around, but when it got to the red glowing circle, it would stay there for a while and go back to the white HTC logo and do this process over and over again. It wouldn't turn off so I had to take the battery out. I did this a couple times to see if it would reboot normally, but no luck. Now, when I turn my phone on I only get a white screen that says only HTC on it, never moving past that part. I have no idea what's going on with it, I've only had this phone about a month now and I have no warranty on it because it was expensive (I got the phone free through Gamestop, that's the only reason I wanted an Android phone).

0 Likes