problems with connection
canyouhearmenow34

I am grand fathered in on an unlimited data plan...but each time I try to watch a movie regardless of the signal strenght I lose my connection. Its like it just turns off and the turns back on. Then I will have full signal strength(3g) it only happens when watching movies. Whats funny is when Im hook up to my wifi at home I have no problems at all. Is verizon throttling me since I'm on an unlimited plan?

0 Likes
Re: problems with connection
bearone21
Legend

moving or stationary? mabey 3g isn't fast enough & home wi-fi is.

0 Likes
jeremyhyatt55

They are definitely throttling you... I am experiencing the same thing except I am not forced to 3g when it disconnects, just that white 4g symbol. About 3 seconds after I get disconnected I am magically reconnected yet when I try again to use the internet for anything, voila.. disconnected again. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING THAT ANYTHING OVER 2GB A MONTH IS NOT AVERAGE! ALMOST ALL MY FRIENDS, ME, AND ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY USES THE INTERNET FOR WHAT IT IS WHO HAVE A 4G PHONE AND UNLIMITED DATA USE 2GB WITHIN A WEEK OR 2 OF THE NEW MONTH. THIS WOULD BE JUST LIKE IF COMCAST'S NETWORK WAS ACTUALLY TOO UNSTABLE TO HANDLE ALL THE DATA USAGE. IF VERIZON IS GOING TO ADVERTISE THEY ARE THE BEST AND MOST RELIABLE NETWORK, AND STILL ALLOW US GRANDFATHERED UNLIMITED DATA PLANS TO STAY THEN THEY NEED TO UPHOLD THE ORIGINAL TERMS FOR UNLIMITED DATA. UNLIMITED MEANS NO IMPEDANCE WHAT SO EVER. THEY ARE FAR FROM THE BEST ANYMORE IF THEY CAN'T AFFORD THEIR NEW 4G NETWORK THAT IS SUPPOSED TO RIVAL LAND LINE NETWORKS. THEY SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY GETTING RIGHTS TO THE 4GLTE AND CANNOT MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE ANYMORE WITHOUT SUCH A DRASTIC MOVE ON DATA AND PLANS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JeremyHyatt55, thank you for your post and I can certainly assist with your data connection problem. The Droid X is not a 4G device, so which phone are you using? We do not use throttling at all and network optimization is only for 3G devices, not 4G. Are you noticing the issue with losing data connection in a particular area? What city and state?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes