"Force Close" on apps after Upgrade?
smsleighter

Is anyone else experiencing this with their Bionics after the upgrade to 4.0.4. All of my apps, including phone, Gmail, Visual Voicemail, Facebook, etc do a "Force Close" multiple times per day after the upgrade. They simply stop responding either right after I start them or in many cases when I am in the middle of typing something. It takes 30 seconds to complete a simple phone call, click on the contact and wait...

I have Factory reset the phone and reinstalled all apps. That didn't help. It's seriously frustrating. I don't have that many apps on my phone. Help, I'm not eligible for an upgrade for another 8 months and I'm going to go crazy before that time comes.

0 Likes
Re: "Force Close" on apps after Upgrade?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi smsleighter-

I'm sorry that your device has been having trouble since the recent software update. Often the "force close" errors are caused by one or more corrupt applications. You took an important steps performing the hard reset. However, reinstalling all of the same apps immediately will only recreate the potential problem. I recommend enabling Safe Mode (steps http://bit.ly/Qk05uO) to see if these same issues persists. This will allow the device to run without any of those 3rd party apps. Keep the device in safe mode for 1-2 hours to allow you to see if it force closes.

Keep me posted

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes