"Low on space" notification
Sachin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I've owned an HTC Droid Incredible since the beginning of May, and a deeply frustrating issue has surfaced in the last few days. There's a notification in the menu bar saying 'Low on space,' and underneath it says 'Phone storage is getting low.' Out of 6.60 GB present in the device's local storage, 6.55 GB are shown as available in the 'SD card & phone storage' area of the 'Settings' app. But somehow the phone has convinced itself that there really is no space, so in the meantime I can't receive texts, update apps or anything else that requires space.

I Googled the problem, and it seems that some Sprint users with HTC Sense devices have experienced similar problems, and some of them even did a factory reset, to no effect. They all recommend getting the phone exchanged, and that's doable under my warranty. But that's a measure of last resort; is there anything else I can do to resolve the issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "Low on space" notification
Sachin
Enthusiast - Level 1

What I did was uninstall all the applications I don't use, and it just started working again...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lwirtjes

setting>applications>manage applications

menu >sort by size.

I had the same issue were my contacts was at 110meg so I "clear cache" NOT DATA.

your contacts will disappear, but they will show back up.  After  that I was at 850kb.

0 Likes
Sachin
Enthusiast - Level 1

What I did was uninstall all the applications I don't use, and it just started working again...

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Sachin wrote:

That is the best thing to do. You can also see what apps take up the most space (settings->applications->manage->menu->sort by size). See which apps take up the most space and you can uninstall those. Or like you said just uninstall the apps you don't use much. I tend to keep track of what apps I am using the most & not. The ones I'm not go bye bye which leads to more room on the phone.

Also clear the cache from the browser(s) often because that gets pretty huge.

0 Likes
wcushing1

None of this worked for me.  I am clearing it all out every half an hour.  Crazy!

0 Likes
dewi

I too am having to low space notification. It seems to have started after I had the software update. I actually had 2 updates come to my phone and this problem happend then. My wife has the same phone and hers is not doing this. I have gotten rid of almost all my apps and still have the problem with plenty of storage. I liked this phone when I got it but I won't have another HTC phone. It seems alot of people are having this same problem but no body has come out with a fix yet. I should not go looking for the fix it should come to us.

0 Likes