"THE LINKED PROGRAM IS NO LONGER INSTALLED ON YOUR PHONE"
Mod73

I am getting this message when I try to use the voicemail and messaging features on my phone,  Please help!  Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "THE LINKED PROGRAM IS NO LONGER INSTALLED ON YOUR PHONE"
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Dutchb,

I understand your frustration with this error message. I would like to ask a few questions, and provide you with some troubleshooting steps. 

Have you noticed that...

[1] It is always the same set of applications that were affected
[2] Those applications are the ones moved to the SD card in the phone handset
[3] The problem occurred after the phone has been mounted as drive on a computer (i.e., via a USB connection)

The problem may still occur on the phone- but you may be able to resurrect the lost applications by unmounting & remounting the SD card within Android.

To unmount & remount the SD card, simply.....

[1] Press the MENU button on your mobile handset
[2] Select SETTINGS
[3] Select SD & PHONE STORAGE
[4] Select UNMOUNT SD CARD
[5] Answer OK to the warning message about some application not working if the SD card is unmounted -  the UNMOUNT SD CARD option change will to MOUNT SD CARD once the operation is complete - it isn't instant, it takes about 10 seconds or so 
[6] Select MOUNT SD CARD (confusingly this appears to run "instantly" as the option immediately changes back to UNMOUNT SD CARD).
[7] Press the HOME button on your phone to return to your phone's normal home screen
[8] The icons will still be "wrong" but if you wait a short time (another 10 seconds) they'll all suddenly return to their normal icon (and become operational) - I  assume this delay is due to the MOUNT operation actually completing.

Please try these steps and post back with your results. 

Thanks very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This seem to start being a coming situation for Inc 2 lately, users are reporting loosing system apps from their devices, that is strange because those files are not uninstallable by user...

You most likely have to hard reset to get the apps back because those are system apps.

0 Likes
dutchb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did anyone find a solution for this yet?

My wifes phone has this same problem, though it is with her camera. Both the camera and camcorder are giving the message that "the linked program is no longer installed".

In manage apps I see 0b while I'm sure there should be some kb's cached.

0 Likes
amdcp61

I just lost messages and voice mail on my Incredible 2 tonight. On both, the icon changed to a generic Android icon, and when I click on it, I get the "no longer installed" message. People is also force-closing.

I had to hard-reset about a month ago (August 6, I just checked) because Gmail and Android Market just evaporated, and it took me hours to get everything set up again. Is this going to become a monthly ordeal?

Why can't I lose Blockbuster, or CityID, or any of the other crapware Verizon forced into the OS? Boohiss!

0 Likes
BABYMARKERS

I had this problem with the Settings after I tried to delete and app. Tried everything on the phone and couldn't do a thing:smileymad:.

Called Verizon and they had to walk me through a hard factory reset. Very helpful but had to get to a level 2 tech to finally fix the problem.  

Tech Jim from California is the best tech ever! 

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the Community for all of the feedback and suggestions!

Mod73,

Thank you for posting!  I would be happy to assist!

I would like to suggest resetting the application in Settings by clearing the cache and data.  I am including a link with instructions below:

Reset Application - HTC DROID Incredible 2 ADR6350

If you are still unable to open the specific applications after resetting, then I would suggest performing a hard reset to ensure the applications load properly.  Just ensure your data is backed up prior to resetting your device.  Instructions for hard reset below:

Hard Reset - HTC DROID Incredible 2 ADR6350

Please let me know how this works out for you!

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Dutchb,

I understand your frustration with this error message. I would like to ask a few questions, and provide you with some troubleshooting steps. 

Have you noticed that...

[1] It is always the same set of applications that were affected
[2] Those applications are the ones moved to the SD card in the phone handset
[3] The problem occurred after the phone has been mounted as drive on a computer (i.e., via a USB connection)

The problem may still occur on the phone- but you may be able to resurrect the lost applications by unmounting & remounting the SD card within Android.

To unmount & remount the SD card, simply.....

[1] Press the MENU button on your mobile handset
[2] Select SETTINGS
[3] Select SD & PHONE STORAGE
[4] Select UNMOUNT SD CARD
[5] Answer OK to the warning message about some application not working if the SD card is unmounted -  the UNMOUNT SD CARD option change will to MOUNT SD CARD once the operation is complete - it isn't instant, it takes about 10 seconds or so 
[6] Select MOUNT SD CARD (confusingly this appears to run "instantly" as the option immediately changes back to UNMOUNT SD CARD).
[7] Press the HOME button on your phone to return to your phone's normal home screen
[8] The icons will still be "wrong" but if you wait a short time (another 10 seconds) they'll all suddenly return to their normal icon (and become operational) - I  assume this delay is due to the MOUNT operation actually completing.

Please try these steps and post back with your results. 

Thanks very much!

0 Likes
granitepeaker

I started getting this following message a couple days ago

"The linked program is no longer installed on your phone"

Things have seemed to have be going downhill since, wifi not working today and I can't access the settings.

Nor can I get to the Remove App section to force stops.

So now I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to do a hard reset.  Mind you I can't get to the phone settings to do it that way. So I'm trying to do it via, turn the phone off, hold down volume down and press on. Nothing seems to happen and it goes to a normal on.  I've removed the battery to see if that helps and nothing.

Any Advise?!

0 Likes