"Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped".
Lee1963

This started a few weeks ago that I can tell. It seems I can always send text messages. I finally realized I was having this problem when I was not receiving responses back. I noticed another user was having this issue, but I did not see a response from a Verizon technician. I have "cleaned up" my text messages and still having the problem. PLEASE HELP VERIZON!! I would hate to have to give up my Driod Mini for a new phone. So much stored in this phone. All help is appreciated

0 Likes
Re: "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped".
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help has arrived Lee1963! Fill us in on the details and we'll get right to work! Are you using the standard messaging app or a 3rd party? To confirm, are you getting this error message?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lee1963

Well hello AshleyS_VZW!

I am using the standard messaging app that came with the phone.

I say I am getting about 40% of text messages people send to me. I think all of my outgoing texts are being received.

The error message pops up even when I am not in messaging (not a lot but it has happened). It pops up a lot when I am in the middle of typing a text. It will pop up and kick me entirely out of messaging – over and over again.

My husband said he sent me a text with a picture of my son. I receive the caption portion of the text, but never got the picture.

I hope this information helps. Thanks so much for looking into this for me!!

Alishia Garcia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lee1963,

Thank you so much for those details. When your husband sent the picture message were you connected to wi-fi service? Are you able to normally get picture messages with out any kind of issues? One thing that I would suggest on trying to do is to clear the text message application Cache, data, and force stop the app. You can do that by following the instructions on that are on this link: http://vz.to/1vzMZy2 Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes