replacement droid x will not turn on
donikercorp

my previous droid x shut off, and would not turn back on. i tried a different battery...same result. received a replacement droid x from verizon and it will not turn on either. acts the same as my previous phone. when i press the power button on replacement phone, a purple light flashes instantaneously, then shuts off. Does this mean anything? i would like to be back and running with my phone. any suggestions? thank you.

0 Likes
Re: replacement droid x will not turn on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello donikercorp,

I want to make sure you're no longer having this problem with your Droid X. The purple light flashing on your LED indicator usually means the phone is in a Sleep Mode. This is actually a good sign. I have some helpful steps to wake your phone from this mode. Lets get you back up and running!

Please try rebooting your phone through the Android Recovery mode.
* Press and hold 'home' key while pressing the power key for about 3 seconds.
* From the Android Recovery Screen - Press the volume up/down keys simultaneously. (Android System recovery screen appears)
* Press volume down to select 'reboot system now'
* Power button to select.

Your phone should now reboot.

Let me know if you need further assistance. I'm here to help.

Thank you,

TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

sleep mode is one of 4 functions that can be selected when the power is long pressed.

since when do you need to boot thru android recovery mode to come out of this funcion

of low power, instant on & wi-fi off??

0 Likes
donikercorp

FYI...I had a battery that went bad. When I tried a different battery that was charged, the replacement phone turned on. thanks. fortunately, a simple fix.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

that's good

0 Likes
donikercorp

that's what i thought. unfortunately i had to replace my original droid because of an operating system crash. i am up and running now.

0 Likes