running apps
ang_isle

I have an app killer installed, and it works great, but what are the running apps that I see under my settings? 

Do I have to keep them running?   Examples are:  PVWmdrmProxy, sound set, PVWmdrmService, etc. 

What happens if I stop those apps? 

Also, how do I delete apps?  Some I cannot delete, such as skype. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: running apps
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you Wildman for your helpful suggestion. Hello Ang_isle, adding to what was stated, You can remove a third party application from your device by un-installing it per the steps below. Please bear in mind that you cannot un-install applications that are pre-installed on the phone. 

To un-install a third-party application from your phone:

1. From the main Home screen, press MENU , and then tap Settings.

2. Tap Applications > Manage applications.

3. On the Downloaded tab, tap the application you want to un-install.

4. On the Application info screen, tap Un-install. 

For further reference, please use this link to our website to have access to the user manual and/or our helpful How-To guides. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

A number of the apps you are speaking about are system apps and they should not be closed because the device need them to work....  Keep in mind that Task Killers can cause a number of issues if you do not use them carefully...  Also most of the apps you close will auto open again if the system needs the app sp you can fight against the system on keeping them closed..

The best thing to use is System Panel because the kill option on this app doesnt allow you normally to close system apps...  Check it out at https://market.android.com/details?id=nextapp.systempanel&feature=search_result

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you Wildman for your helpful suggestion. Hello Ang_isle, adding to what was stated, You can remove a third party application from your device by un-installing it per the steps below. Please bear in mind that you cannot un-install applications that are pre-installed on the phone. 

To un-install a third-party application from your phone:

1. From the main Home screen, press MENU , and then tap Settings.

2. Tap Applications > Manage applications.

3. On the Downloaded tab, tap the application you want to un-install.

4. On the Application info screen, tap Un-install. 

For further reference, please use this link to our website to have access to the user manual and/or our helpful How-To guides. 

0 Likes