screen issues
ahuang23

This is my 2nd droid incredible 2.

The first one i had a dead strip that wouldn't allow me to press any buttons in that strip.

Now after I replaced it with the 2nd DI2, I am starting to get the same problem, but this time it's over the phone button.

I cannot make/recieve calls.

Has anyone also had problems like this with the DI2?

0 Likes
Re: screen issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow ahuang23! That certainly doesn't sound like you've been lucky with your awesome Incredible 2. I want you to have a phone that you love, and that can actually answer a call! I did a bit of research and didn't find any known issues with a strip of the Incredible 2 touch screen or buttons not responding. It's pretty rare to have two devices with similar hardware trouble, but that's also why there's a warranty for phones that experience mechanical malfunctions.

Before we jump to replacing the phone though, let's see if it might just be an application causing interference with your screen. Please place the phone into Safe Mode http://bit.ly/ruJiUa and try the touch screen. This will prevent any third party applications from running and help us know whether a reset or replacement would be the next best step.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: screen issues
ahuang23

Hi Jennifer,

I have tried just about everything. The problem is getting progressively worse. I am at the point where even the home button is not working. I don't know why this keeps happening, I haven't dropped it and it has no water damage. This is the phone I got as a replacement for mymy first one, does the warranty still apply?

Alan

0 Likes