sd card issue
DickLBall

Why does my sd card not register on the sd and phone storage page?

0 Likes
Re: sd card issue
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello DickLBall,

The Incredible is one of my favorite smartphones of all time! The specs on the Droid Incredible is so impressive that it can compete with even the latest and greatest 4G smartphones on the market today! May I ask what size memory card are you using with your Droid Incredible? Also, is this the original memory card that came with the device? If not then what class SD memory card is it? There are quite a few elements that can effect the Incredible's ability to register the memory card. Below is a few troubleshooting steps to try on the Droid Incredible to get this issue resolved.

• Verify that the memory card is properly inserted into the device. (See link below)
  • Check the memory card size capability of the device. (Support up to 32GB MicroSD card)
  • Confirm that the memory card is not locked. (Usually a blue tab on the memory card itself)
  • Reformat the memory card on a computer then retry to access the memory card on the device.
  • Test in another device that is reading another memory card.

If you are still unable to get the device to recognize the memory card after performing the steps above then please reply to this message for additional assistance.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: sd card issue
DickLBall

Hi:

Thanks for your response. The memory card that came with the phone was dead on arrival. We have two incredibles and the second one would not read it either, even tho is read the card that came with it. Also the card that came with it would read in my phone. So I went and bought a 16 GB card at Best Buy and it read just fine.

However, my issue now is that I don’t seem to be able to find out how to load an audio book on the phone and have it appear on my SD card. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dick

0 Likes