sick of all these issues- need GOOD update NOW!
jennster
Enthusiast - Level 3

okay. since the 4.06 update, my phone has constant low storage space (which we all now by now IS NOT the case) and today, we've gotten a new message to add: "please make at least 512 kb free space to recieve messages"....

please don't ask if i have enough space- i have an sd card with plenty of room, and there is plenty of internal phone space as well phone memory space.  not trying to be rude, just we all know that this issue is a continous problem on this phone.

i tried the trick someone mentioned where we set the date of our phone ahead one month-  and then it wants to update to the 4.08 update. 

i did that multiple times-  it appears to download 4.08, but NEVER gets through the actual "restart & reboot" process.  no matter what.  resetting the phone.  taking battery in & out.  removing sd card.  nothing will get this phone to actually INSTALL the updated software.

this phone is slower than molasses.  it errors constantly.  closes down apps all the time.  has a delay that makes me want to hurt something.

can someone PLEASE tell me how the hell to fix this phone?  or IS there a fix?  is this an android issue?  a verizon issue?  or an htc issue?????

yes, i want someone to blame.  i'm a woman afterall. lol

0 Likes
Re: sick of all these issues- need GOOD update NOW!
jennster
Enthusiast - Level 3

anyone?

my phone isn't getting text messages.  it's force closing EVERYTHING now. 

i do NOT want to (and in all honesty, should not HAVE to) factory reset my phone. 

0 Likes
eenies707

I was having the same issue about the 4.08 update not rebooting. This FINALLY worked for me.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Incredible-by-HTC/OTA-Update-4-08-605-2-quot-Rebooting-Now-quot-Is...

*in the step where he says to push the volume up and the power button on the screen with the triangle and the exlamation mark, you actually have to press the volume up button THEN the power button, not at the same time.

The thing about your low memory space, this popped up on me for the first time about a week ago and I found on a different forum that it's the facebook app. I don't know if you're using it, but if you are, go in and select "clear data" for it. You'll have to log back in, but it's no biggie. It worked for me, I hope this works for you!

If it does all work and you get the phone to try the update thing and it comes back at you with not enough memory, you might have to delete some apps then reinstall after. The update file is just really big, as I've read.

Good Luck!

0 Likes
jennster
Enthusiast - Level 3

thank you eenies- i tried that yesterday, but it still didn't work for me.  😕  i'll try it again.

and i only run the facebook app sometimes- like i log into it and log out. i don't ever keep it constantly logged in and running....   i'm not getting any text messages now either. i can still SEND to people, but don't get ANY back.  which actually, is kind of nice to have a quiet phone for once. ha

0 Likes
Chris_D_

Good recipe, thanks. I had the same problem where the phone would download 4.08 and hang on the rebooting screen. Followed these steps and it works now. Quite a pain to clear up enough room, but I'm hoping maybe we'll finally put those "low memory" warnings behind us!

0 Likes
skippybowls
I got the .3 update to install like 3 weeks ago, but still get the low space AND the message notice! Found a hotfix from htc for the messaging problem on here, seems to be working, BUT, now keep getting update notice to go "up" to .2 version! Tried to install it, got to a hd icon with a red question mark, then after about ten seconds, viola, boot up to .3 version. Next three times it does the "rebooting now" dance without ever actually rebooting. I for one am not so patiently waiting for a .4 or .5 update to fix these updates! Merry Christmas to all!
0 Likes
jennster
Enthusiast - Level 3

okay- so... if you go to settings, about phone and click software- if your version is the 4.06, it's NOT up to date (even if your phone says it is)....

there is a 4.08 version that a lot of us have been trying and trying and trying to get to upload. 

i have literally done EVERYTHING listed in these and other forums (including the reboot, the setting the date forward one month to one year) except what i finally did today-  and it not only uploaded the 4.08 software, but it INSTALLED it as well (which was the main problem to being with. i could download the update, but it would either get stuck on the install/reboot page and never move from there, or the ONE time it actually did shut the phone down and restart, it said i didn't have enough space to install the update)!  woo hoo!!!!

i looked at all of my downloaded apps, and then sorted them by size.  i uninstalled the 8 biggest applications (twitter, facebook, movies, slacker, maps, i heart radio, etc) and then i restarted my phone.  eventually, it downloaded the 4.08 update and i got the "install now" "install later" button... i hit install now and it really did reboot my phone!  it also installed it.  it took a bit of time, but it was doing things it had never done the past couple of weeks!  so i knew it was actually working!  woooo hooo!!!!

i reinstalled all of my uninstalled applications and they're fine.  plenty of room on the phone, no issues there *knock on wood*.

and then all at once, i sat back and listened to 38 text messages come in (i stopped getting texts at some point thursday night)....

the low space icon is GONE!  there is a new space thing in the settings- sd card & phone-  called data settings (the one everyone keeps talking about that has virtually no memory/space)...

the only issue that i can see as of now-  is that all of my photo's have disappeared.  the ones on the phone as well as the sd card.  my photo album shows 0 pictures.

and so yeah... to everyone, i recommend uninstalling some applications and then trying to get the new 4.08 to download and install.  if your phone gets stuck and never reboots-  download a few more apps.  that is what i did until it freaking worked. 

good luck. 

now off to find my freaking pictures!

0 Likes
jennster
Enthusiast - Level 3

i'm back!  are you excited?

pictures are physically ON my sd card (when i search through sd card reader)... but they aren't in my gallery.   either is any of my music or my ringtones.  they are on the sd card reader, but not reading in my music...

have we found how to get our gallery or music to read/find them???

other than that- since i got the 4.08 to update- the phone has been RAD!  super quick and great! 

0 Likes
jennster
Enthusiast - Level 3

i realize i keep posting "to" myself, but i find answers and i want to share since i know so many of you are having the same issues.

i went into the android market and downloaded a MEDIA SCANNER application-  this app rescans our SD cards/phones for our media (our "lost" pictures, music, etc)...

once i downloaded and ran that-  all my pictures and music and ringtones were back!  :smileyhappy:  i guess after the update, it just needed a little help! 

YAY for fix and for the droid forum- cause that's where i have found the most helpful answers!

0 Likes
eenies707

Sorry I was MIA after I replied to you, finals were coming up and I got distracted :smileytongue:

At any rate, I'm not sure I would have been much help to you after that point, and am very glad you got your phone up and running properly ^_^

Have happy holidays!

0 Likes