text message problems
techfan14

I am having issues sending and receiving text messages some times but not all the time. Every few days I get an error when I try to send a message that says "SMS error, cause code:64, error class:2" Does anyone know what this means?  Also I am having problems receiving text messages. About once a day ill be in the middle of a text conversation when the person doesn't text me back.  When I log into my Verizon usage details i can see that they did in fact text me back and it says it was received although my phone has no record of it and its not in my messages. Is there a way to re download the message to my phone?  Does anyone have any idea what is going on? This is extremely frustrating and I want to avoid getting a new phone but its getting to the point where I may have to.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: text message problems
techfan14

so another problem I have discovered is that I don't get text messages when they are sent to me when my phone is off. I used to get them when I turned on my phone but now they just get lost forever. Can anybody please help? this is so frustrating.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi techfan14! I understand how important it is to keep in touch via text messaging, so let's get yours working. First, please check your software version by going to Settings>About phone>Software. The newest version will show 4.08.605 in the Baseband version. If yours is 4.06 or lower, you will need to update your software. First, try checking for updates. If you receive an error or that there are no updates available, try deleting some applications, SMS threads and emails to clear data. Let me know if this helps!

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
techfan14

Hi Marquia,

My phone says 4.08.605.2 under software number. Under baseband it says 2.15.10.07.07. I believe I upgraded a few months ago when the software update came out. Im still having issues with texting.

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
sme03

I am having this same problem my phone says 4.06.605.3 and when i go to software updates it says your system is currently up to date I had the low storage icon deleted tons of stuff and now I cannot recieve text messages

0 Likes