text problems

I just got the phone yesterday and can't receive text messages from iphones

0 Likes
Re: text problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

6895585, we want you to get all of your messages. It sounds like this is specific to iPhones. Let me ask a few quick questions to get to the root cause of the problem. Are other model phones able to send you messages? Are you a previous iPhone user? Can you confirm that the messages being sent are text messages and not iMessages?

Look forward to getting that working for you,

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kimba71

I have this issue too. May hours on the phone with Verizon and Apple. Verizon got me to delete all my threads, my immediately family who has iphones to delete me as a contact and get rid of all their threads of messages to me and it still will not work. They spent hours. They even deactivated my phone and completely wiped me out, set me up on an old qwerty keyboard type phone from their office and then set me back up on my galaxy note to see if that would work. Finally they connected me to apple and apple said they had to deactivate me as a user. Would take 2 to 4 hours. Didn't work, so next day I got a hold of Tracy Onan at apple. She says it takes actually 45 days but engineers have been working on it for a month and continue to do so. Something in the ios7 update that will not let it release an iphone user to enable them to upgrade to another phone. I just want to know who do I sue to get my money back for the phone that I can't completely use? Who is going to credit me for the lack of usage of my phone? Who is going to credit me for business lost as I do a lot on facebook (business page) and that is also an issue. Customers can not send you private messages via facebook from their Iphone if you have chatted with them there before as well. Who in the world is going to fix this?????????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy your messaging as much as possible kimba71! I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties. The issue you have described is specific to Apple devices, when changing to a non Apple device. Our best recommendation is to unregister your device from Apple. Here is a link to assist. http://vz.to/1aTAJuM It sounds like you have already taken these steps and have worked with the manufacturer. I'm sorry our control is limited. This should not affect your ability to use other functions on the device, such as calls, internet, apps and social media. We definitely want to offer the best possible recommendations to try and resolve the issue; however, I apologize we would not be able to issue credits.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes