this phone is terrible!!!
abcdecourtneyyy

In July I purchased the Droid Incredible 2. It worked for about 2 weeks and ever since then i've been having issues. With every issue i had i called into Verizon, and every representative sent me a refurbished phone. Since July i've had 5 phones sent to me. And now, on my 5th phone, its not charging! Why do i get charged for a device that doesn't work? And everytime i go into the store i get treated terribly. I think after the 5th phone, it should be Verizon's job to get me a new phone-for no charge. I am so sick and tired of this phone, the keyboard freezes constantly. It turns off randomly, and i'm still paying $80.00 a month for this piece of crap phone that hasn't worked since July! I am very infuriated. I am making a trip to Verizon today, and they WILL supply me with a new phone, that isn't the Droid Incredible 2. I do not recommend this phone for anyone!!

0 Likes
Re: this phone is terrible!!!
abcdecourtneyyy

And, on top of that, it hasn't been fully charged since Christmas! I charge it all night and i got the battery to yellow, and that is it! and sometimes its plugged in for hours and it stops charging randomly and shuts off in the middle of the night, so when i wake up at 5 in the morning i have to make sure i hold the charger into my phone so i can have somewhat of a battery throughout the day. this phone is absolutely terrible. i am disappointed that i spent $200 on this phone, what a waste of my money!

0 Likes
JonDoh
Contributor - Level 1

I've had reception issues with mine and a power button that has disappeared below the outer casing and Verizon won't do anything about either problem, although it's still under warranty. 

Regarding your battery issue, first try pulling the battery.  Leave it out of the phone for about half a minute and then put it back in.  Use the phone til the battery goes into the red and then charge it fully.  If that doesn't work you may have to do a full (hard) reset.  That will cause you to lose your settings.  But before doing that you can get an app like MyBackup and back everything up.  Also there are battery apps that will tell you what apps are using the most battery and that might be useful.  Good luck with your phone.  I can't wait til my contract is up with Verizon Worthless so I can leave.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello abcdecourtneyyy,

Five devices back to back is definitely unusual for any make and model device to be experiencing the same issue(s). I can certainly empathize with you on how frustrating this situation can be. In your original posting you stated that the device isn't taking a charge, rebooting on it's own, and the keyboard is freezing? May I ask are all three of these the original issue that you were having with the Incredible 2? If this is the case then I have posted some troubleshooting steps below so we can filter out what is the true cause of these issues. Please see steps below.

• Please remove battery from the device while the device is powered on.
  • Plug device into the charger while the battery is out of the device.
  • Take notes on the device's reaction while being plugged into the charger in an attempt to charge.
    • Does the device power on?
    • Does the LED or does the keyboard lights up.

If the device powers up then the good news is that the charging port and the charger works. The issue may be with the battery. If the device does not power on then the issue may be the charging port or the charger. To test the charger is fairly simple. You can try another charger on the same device or the same charger on another device. Once we have confirmed the equipment issue then we will know what needs to be replaced.

The keyboard freezing and device rebooting can be the result of either a system issue or an app issue. If the same apps are being downloaded on all 5 devices that you can expect the same results. To troubleshoot this try performing a hard reset on the device. (Please see link below)

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=42020

Keep in mind that a hard reset will erase all information on the device, including contacts and calendar entries. Backup Assistant is a great app for archiving contacts. Calendar entries can be stored on your Gmail account. Once a hard reset has been completed, please test call voice and data services on the device. Spend the next 3 - 5 days using the device without any apps. If the issue persist then please reply to this posting with your findings.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

akaye888

How can you perform a hard reset when the phone won't even turn on!

I have already tried the battery removal trick. It doesnt seem to matter.

I am having the same issues as many on this thread.  The phone is a year old.  If I am lucky enough to get it to charge to the point where it will let me make a call, it powers off soon after.  Most of the time I am trying to maneuver the cord in a position where the orange light will at least start blinking.  If I hold down the power button, and make a wish, the light will go from flashing to solid orange.

I left it in this state last night when I went to bed thinking the phone would finally be charged this morning, only to see that the light was not on at all!  I finally got the light back on solid, and I'm sitting here right next to it while I work, to see if it turns off again.

This shouldn't be happening with an expensive phone like this. I do have insurance, but why should I have to use it to get a replacement...this looks like it is a widespread problem with many Incredible 2 owners.

0 Likes
CraftyJIS

This sounds like me last night!  The exact same thing is going on with my son's Incredible 2!  I've had a ton of problems with my Incredible!  I am disgusted about both phones having so many problems!  I can't upgrade until February and my son can't until May!  I am doubting we'll bother upgrading...probably just switch phone carriers after this mess!  I know we'll never get another HTC phone again!  We're spending over $150/mo for 2 worthless phones!  The Verizon store continues to be kind, but I'm sick of losing everything on my phone with one hard reboot after another.  Also, I can only have a few apps on my phone without problems...so why bother having a smartphone?!   No sense in paying for smartphone services when we can't use them properly!  I guess we'll be stopping by the Verizon store this evening since we can't do a hard reset on a phone that won't turn on!

0 Likes