uploading images from phone to computer
WillwoodDave

I have a Droid Charge phone and am hoplessly challenged by all this technology. I want to transfer an image from the camera of my phone to my computer. I have tried e-mailing it to myself to no avail. Can anyone help a crippled ol' phart with this? I am sure that it is childishly simple to most of you.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: uploading images from phone to computer
Wildman
Legend

Its simple... Just plug in device to pc and when prompted on phone select Disk Drive from option..

Then you will see card as a storage device under Computer (Usually shows as last drive) and you can browse to DCIM folder and all images and videos will be in the labeled folder... Copy and paste them like out are moving from one drive to another..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Its simple... Just plug in device to pc and when prompted on phone select Disk Drive from option..

Then you will see card as a storage device under Computer (Usually shows as last drive) and you can browse to DCIM folder and all images and videos will be in the labeled folder... Copy and paste them like out are moving from one drive to another..

0 Likes
WillwoodDave

Thanks Wildman! I knew it would be simple. I just could not figure where the images were stored on the phone and how to access them.

0 Likes
dsg0110

This doesn't work on Samsung Droid Charge. When I plug in the phone, a message pops up asking me to install some software. The message says: "Software is available that will help your Droid Charge (SCH-I510) communicate with your PC.  Install Now?"

After clicking yes to install the software nothing happens.  I've also tried clicking on the device via My Computer but again... nothing happens.  There's no way to view and or drag/drop images from my phone to my PC.  I have no problem doing this with my iPhone 4s.

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
KMStar
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got that same message about installing the software and it didn't work at all. I had to uninstall that software and then reinstall the driver. Once I connected the phone again and that same box popped up I clicked No. After that I was able to transfer the pictures without any problem. That box continues to pop up whenever I connect my phone to the PC but I always click No.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

What kinda computer do you have? PC? Mac? Linux OS?

0 Likes