Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrong batter reading for extended battery
thomasiam

I recently purchased an extended batter for my bionic and
found that my phone does not give me the accurate reading of my batter
level.  First time I installed the
battery it showed I had 5% batter life for over 6 hours of use.  I remembered that I needed to drain it all
the way down to 0% and charge it back to 100% which I did but it still gave me
a false reading.  I tried to drain it
three times now without any success.  Now
the phone gives me 100% bat level and in 5 min it goes down to 15% level but I can
still use it for hours.

I was also reading around about how to recondition the battery
and all the widgets I found was for ROOTED phones.   Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix
this issue?

Thanks

My bionic hardware and os is as follows.

Batter- li-ion 3.7v 4000mAh

OS- 5.5.893.xt875.verizon.e..us

android version 2.3.4

0 Likes
Re: wrong batter reading for extended battery
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Try clearing system cache...

(Steps on Gingerbread 2.3)

1. Power off the phone, press and hold the Volume up and Volume down button, then press the Power button simultaneously while powering up the unit.
  2. Screen will come up with "Fastboot" at the top of the screen, press Volume down key to cycle through choices until you get "Android Recovery", then press Volume up key to boot in this mode
  3. Wait for the "triangle ! / Android" screen then go on to step 4 
  4. Press both Volume up and Volume down key simultaneously. A Recovery Menu will come up
  5. Tap on Volume down key until "wipe cache" is highlighted, and tap Power button. Another Confirmation screen will come. Tap on Volume down key until coming to Yes and tap Power button
  6. After all is done, the "reboot system now" option will be highlighted by Default. Tap Power button

0 Likes
Re: wrong batter reading for extended battery
thomasiam

thanks for a suggestion wildman but it did not work. same issue as before.  i'm constantly on 15% but can use the phone for hours.  just dont know when it will turn itself off.

0 Likes