Unable to activate visual voicemail. Get error code 9009.
DroidmaxxUzr

Took the device to the Verizon store and they couldn't figure it out either. My husbands phone (same model) having the same problem. Verizon is replacing due to warranty. Anyone else have this issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to activate visual voicemail. Get error code 9009.
vadermm3
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happened to me also (on a Note 4). Here's what I did to resolve it:

1. Open the phone feature, access the dialer and dial *73. I received a prompt stating that my call forwarding was activated. I pressed the deactivate button.

2. Go to Settings > Applications > Application Manager,  then swipe the top bar to "All", then scroll down and locate the Voice Mail app, then open it.

3. Click the Force Stop button first, then click the Clear Data button.

At this point, try relaunching the Voice Mail app. If all works well, you should get an introduction page to set up your visual voicemail.

View solution in original post

WDalton

I am having the same issue. Called technical support and they couldn't give me an answer

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello WDalton!

I'm sorry for any issues you're having with Visual Voice Mail. When looking at your features in My Verizon, does the system show that it's listed for your line of service? Please check that and make sure it's listed there. In addition, here are the facts about Visual Voice mail: http://vz.to/1660x3O
With Visual Voice mail, you can see the mobile number for the caller that left the voice mail message and time. Are you able to see these details?

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

I am not having that problem. I just activated the free trial and then from there got what they give to you for free not the full stuff where it will read it to you but still nice.

0 Likes
WilliamII

I'm having the problem. Was online with support and no resolve. Forwarded me to tech support. Said that many people are having the issue because of the upgrade to the operating system of KITKAT. But they have not given me any solutions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Williamll,

We want to make sure your visual voice mail works great for you! What happens when you try to use the visual voice mail? What type of phone do you have? Is your data working for other things when you try to use the visual voice mail?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
WilliamII

Hello Andrew

My phone is a note 3 and now it just keeps asking me to subscribe to visual voice mail. When I call my voice mail it says my number is not a mailbox number. I haven't been able to use my voice mail since I changed to this phone. The app doesn't work. Now I cannot access my voice mails and no one can leave me voice mails. 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information! I would like to make sure that your account is provisoned correctly.

I will send you a private message as I need additional information.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes
Frammis
Enthusiast - Level 1

I opened up a chat box with a tech representative named Sharon. It took 20 minutes, but she solved it and said the fix was simple. My basic visual voicemail now works! I have a Droid Maxx and talked to 2 reps before Sharon that were stumped. Find her and she will fix it.

vadermm3
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happened to me also (on a Note 4). Here's what I did to resolve it:

1. Open the phone feature, access the dialer and dial *73. I received a prompt stating that my call forwarding was activated. I pressed the deactivate button.

2. Go to Settings > Applications > Application Manager,  then swipe the top bar to "All", then scroll down and locate the Voice Mail app, then open it.

3. Click the Force Stop button first, then click the Clear Data button.

At this point, try relaunching the Voice Mail app. If all works well, you should get an introduction page to set up your visual voicemail.