Apple Arcade Charges after Cancellation
aparkera
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a free trial of Apple Arcade on a previous plan that Verizon no longer offers. I canceled after the trial ended however I’m still being charged. I have repeatedly called customer service and done chat with an agent over the last year. While I do receive a credit each time I reach out, I continue to be billed monthly. I’m at my wits end with this and short of canceling my phone service I’m not sure of what else to do. Looking for help concerning this. #billingerror #applearcade

4 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aparkera, We certainly don't want you to continue to be billed for something that you are not using. What happens when you attempt to cancel the service? Did you have Apple Arcade prior to the free trial? The link attached below will have some important FAQs and steps on how to cancel if you would like to give those a try in case they are different than what we have had you attempt prior. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/apple-arcade-faqs/

-Andi

0 Likes
iMal

I have tried to get this removed for a couple of months now. Last time the technical team was supposed to create a ticket because they also could not remove it from my account. Been a while again and nothing! Still show as active and I’ve heard nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know I would share your same concern if I was being billed for something I wanted to be removed as well, iMal. The great news is it certainly sounds like the correct escalation path was followed, though it is concerning that It's still showing on your account. I'd be happy to take a fresh look into this and see what we can do to help remove this Apple Arcade feature. Please be on the lookout for a private note, since we will need account access.

-Joseph

0 Likes
Cam28

Same issue for me too, Apple Arcade continues to be billed to my account even though I’ve attempted multiple times to cancel:

1. First time was through the website, and the Verizon website consistently threw an “error” every time, refusing to let me successfully cancel Apple Arcade.

2. Called Verizon customer service in March, and they confirmed they had canceled the a subscription. I got billed AGAIN the following month.

3. Called Verizon customer service AGAIN in April, and they gave me a confirmation number for canceling Apple Arcade:

Verizon Msg: 04-16-2024 ENDED SUBSCRIPTION Apple Arcade Monthly - 99206594 SPO ID: 2067

And if you’re a psychic, guess what: got charged AGAIN the following month. I’m furious that it can’t be simply canceled and I’m going to a Verizon store to handle this in-person as Apple Arcade has consistently charged/billed me each month.

0 Likes