14 days to like it - not 30
dmruser
Enthusiast - Level 3

One good thing about calling tech support - the tech offhandedly mentioned a 14 day trial period.  Say what?  When I got the Motorola Droid last year, it was 30 days.  I guess they changed that at the beginning of the year.  So I am letting you all know - it is NOT a 30 day trial period - it is two weeks!:smileysurprised:

0 Likes
Re: 14 days to like it - not 30
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yup.  Changed Jan 16 of this year.  Does no one read those papers they sign anymore?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

PJNC284 wrote:

yup.  Changed Jan 16 of this year.  Does no one read those papers they sign anymore?

why? when they can just come here and complain

0 Likes
dmruser
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't come here to complain - I come here to see if any of the smarties on here can help me. lol

0 Likes
dmruser
Enthusiast - Level 3

At this point, I have found a "glitch" that may be the deal breaker.  Just need to decide if I can live with it or not.  (really I shouldn't have to)  If I am to use this phone for business, with multiple email addresses, then functionality should be consistent and it should work as advertised. 

Long story short, got Verizon to have a 3 way call with tech support at HTC.  HTC knew about this issue with the email and said that in all cases, the all secondary accounts from a given email service provider will not have full functionality.  So if yahoo is your primary email and you have a secondary yahoo email, that one won't have full functionality either.  They know this.  There was some discussion whether it was the Sense code or Android in general.  I never experienced this on my Moto Droid but that phone is broken now...

They suggested running secondary accounts through other 3rd party mail apps but then you have to check more places for email.

This being the case, I'm not sure whether the Sense and the HTC Thunderbolt are sufficient for me.  I wonder what other quirks are out there.  But that doesn't mean that the Moto Droids don't have the same issue if in fact it is in the Android logic and not in Sense. 

Maybe I should go back to a "stupid" phone and not worry about getting email in near real time anyway!  Yeah, can't do that.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

What functionality is lost???

Granted I do not have a TB, but I do have the HTC, Incredible and all 8 email accounts work great.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I did have a quirk on the HTC DROID Eris with a MSN email account whenever I loaded it second after a Hotmail account. I don't remember if I tried loading it first. Anywho the MSN would load the oldest email first no matter the settings. I'm talking six year old emails. It wasn't a big deal to have on the phone, so I just removed the MSN email account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dmruser
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an HTC Tbolt.  Using the Mail function on the main screen, my primary email account has full functionality.  As it turns out for me, that was an AOL account.  I also hooked up another AOL account with the Mail function.  I first noticed an issue when I got an email from Verizon Wireless for opening up this support forum account.  The email had embedded in it at least one graphic and the 3 digit code to use to start using the forum.  Anyway, that email opened up on my secondary AOL account opens up blank on the HTC but on my laptop, it opens up  with the info, etc in it.  So I started testing and found that other data embedded in an email would not be displayed on the secondary AOL account but works fine on the primary.  And actually, if you forward an email with embeds in it to any of my secondary AOL's, the forwarded embeds are displayed.  But not in a direct email.  When I spoke to an HTC tech support guy, he said that any service provider secondary email would have the same problems and the first from that provider would have full functionality.  

It is interesting to see what they call ful functionality and what they call not complete functionality - and you have to discover this on your own somehow.   Logically I would expect functionality to be the same across the board for the sake of utility.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

so the secondary emails aren't html capable? interesting.  Only emails I have on mine are the main gmail account and then my corporate email using Touchdown.  Have you tried K9 mail?  Downside is it doesn't work with the SenseUI email widgets. 

0 Likes
dmruser
Enthusiast - Level 3

I used K9 on my droid and liked it.  Maybe  I will try that but the HTC tech said I would still have to have one account on one and the second on another.  Crazy.

0 Likes