32 gig sd card smoked
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
So randomly my pics/bids/music/apps basically anything that used the SD card would disappear. Unmounting and remounting the card would mostly solve the issue but eventually a reboot was needed. This was all in the span of about 2 weeks. Then it eventually failed all together while I tried to access an app it stated I had no SD card in my phone. Ejected the card, tried to format on a pc with no luck. Used a rescue disc program to save my data and restore on an old 16 gig class 6 card I had. VZW said they would replace the card at no cost due to it being part of the phone. My question is: Is this happening to others? I'm extremely frustrated by this phones bugs anyways, (that's an entire different complaint). I considered this phone to have mostly software bugs, not hardware bugs. As we speak my pics and vids are randomly going away again. Did I get a bad device? Any thoughts? And no I'm not abnormally using the memory.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 32 gig sd card smoked
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Found apps to sd useful on the incredible but I think I'll reconsider on the T-bolt. Internal it is for a test run on a fresh 32 card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I really do not think storing apps on the sd card is the best thing because sd cards is designed for storage and not a a primary storage area because when the device has to access the card constantly it simply wears down the card faster.

Tthe devices internal storage is a flash storage device which is made to be accessed more regularly.  My opinion is if you do not need to store apps to the storage card to clear space I would leave the apps in the internal memory.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
The music, pictures and videos were disappearing too, dabubbakin?

I haven't had any problems with the SD card unmounted by itself or corrupted files.

The only apps that I had been letting the phone install to the SD card had been wallpaper gallery application. Although at the moment I don't have any installed at all.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Must be I got a lemon. My original SD card died after only a month. As long as they keep replacing cards I guess I can shrug it off.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i've had no problems with my incredible or tbolt. also, i don't move the apps to the sd card either. i only use the sd for music, pics, vids, etc.....i've never found a need to move the apps to the sd card. i used to do this simply because we could, but i quit about 4 months ago and now have all of my apps on the internal memory only.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Found apps to sd useful on the incredible but I think I'll reconsider on the T-bolt. Internal it is for a test run on a fresh 32 card.

0 Likes