4G LTE SIM Card
darlalofton

I recently purchased a HTC Thunderbolt from a friend for cheap, but it has no 4G SIM Card. How much is it to purchase one?

0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE SIM Card
Enic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amazon has many, many of them listed for about $4.79

Not having a sim card will not impact you, unless you wish to travel outside of the United States.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Zero dollars. You can go to a corporate store and get a new SIM card. You can also request one be mailed to you through your MyVerizon account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A 4G LTE SIM card is required in the Thunderbolt for service on the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Enic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, Ann154. My apologies for the incorrect information.

0 Likes
darlalofton

Tried the MyVerizon method, said I was unable to purchase a new one at this time. Don't suppose I have any "corporate" stores around me, so I went to BestBuy and they said $20. My luck. Haha.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have an existing account with Verizon Wireless?

If so, all you needed to do was sign into your MyVerizon account and click on the option to "switch or activate device". As you enter the information you will be prompted if you have a SIM card or if you need one.

If you don't have an existing account and new a new line, then you can find a corporate store using the "store locator" at the top of the website. With a new activation, there will be the activation fee of $35.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where are you located? If there is a Best Buy, the odds that is a corporate store somewhere nearby.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

+1 Sim Cards are free at Corporate Stores you Simply Tell them you don't have one an they should give you one. But that T-Bolt needs to free & clear of you Friends Plan an Unless he has Terminated his Plan or Dropped it to a Standard Plan he will have to have a Smartphone in the place of Giving or selling you that One..b33

0 Likes