4G average speed
JQuam

So what's everyone's average download speed on the Thunderbolt using the speed test app??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G average speed
AZSALUKI
Legend

you're probably doing nothing wrong. the speeds will vary quite a bit, depending on your location. phoenix happens to have a GREAT network here and i'm right in the middle of the city. they advertise "up to 12-15".....but i've seen them as high as 25-30, and much lower as well. 4 is probably on the very low end of the average and likely is barely fast enough to call it 4g, but that's still 3+ times faster than the average 3g speeds.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
I've been getting 12-14mbps down and 20+ up (i have read though not to trust the reported upload speeds?)
0 Likes
JQuam

What am I doing to slow my phone down so much then???  I'm averaging 3-4 mbps download on 4G...Is there something wrong with my SIM card you think?  Or did I do something to my settings and just don't know about it?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you're probably doing nothing wrong. the speeds will vary quite a bit, depending on your location. phoenix happens to have a GREAT network here and i'm right in the middle of the city. they advertise "up to 12-15".....but i've seen them as high as 25-30, and much lower as well. 4 is probably on the very low end of the average and likely is barely fast enough to call it 4g, but that's still 3+ times faster than the average 3g speeds.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

If you're using the speedtest app, those upload numbers aren't accurate as the app isn't corrrectly measure the upload speeds over LTE.

0 Likes