4G cap rumor
lucidrenegade

From the XDA forums:

I just learned tonight that as of Thursday (03/24), 3 days from now, 4G data plans will be capped.

The new cap will be 5GB. Pricing overage is not specified just yet, I would assume the standard $10/GB overage.

This is for any NEW customers and any upgrades done AFTER this day. Anyone who already has a TBolt is grandfathered in (myself included). Spread the word, and let your friends/family know should they need a truly unlimited plan.

I would expect an announcement tomorrow sometime. Just wanted to let you guys know.

------------------------------------------

Take it with a grain of salt, but it wouldn't surprise me.

0 Likes
Re: 4G cap rumor
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

With the way Verizon is, I wouldn't expect any kind of official public announcement.  Heck most people don't even know that they did away with NE2 discount, annual upgrades and changed the WFG period.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

PJNC284 wrote:

With the way Verizon is, I wouldn't expect any kind of official public announcement.  Heck most people don't even know that they did away with NE2 discount, annual upgrades and changed the WFG period.

Let alone the fact that most people don't even understand WHAT the NE2 discount actually is/was. And that includes Verizon employees!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

well that would be about right.....since i'm eligible on the 29th!!!!!!! LOL!!!! i can pay $20 and get it now, but if i wait until the 29th i will save that $20 AND get my $50 NE2 discount so i would save $70. for this reason i really need to know if there's anything to this rumor. i'd GLADLY blow the $70 if it meant the difference between a cap and unlimited plan. (plus i could then justify going to get it today...lol)

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The only thing I have seen recently is a comment by the CFO at a Morgan Stanley conference. They said Mid summer. This was from early this month.

0 Likes
imneveral0ne

any new news on this?

0 Likes
mdiorio
0 Likes
MRW1215

Aw, why does this have to happen two weeks before I can upgrade? I was planning on getting a Thunderbolt. I don't care if my data is capped (I doubt I'd even be using more than 2-3GB in a month), but $50 is more than I want to pay each month for data. Why are they only going to offer the one plan (5GB for $50)? Why not offer 2GB for the same $30 price point, too? What's the point of tiered plans if there's only one "tier"? 😕

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

MRW1215 wrote:

Aw, why does this have to happen two weeks before I can upgrade? I was planning on getting a Thunderbolt. I don't care if my data is capped (I doubt I'd even be using more than 2-3GB in a month), but $50 is more than I want to pay each month for data. Why are they only going to offer the one plan (5GB for $50)? Why not offer 2GB for the same $30 price point, too? What's the point of tiered plans if there's only one "tier"? 😕

they haven't actually announced any changes have they? don't go scaring us all.

0 Likes
MRW1215

AZSALUKI wrote:

MRW1215 wrote:

they haven't actually announced any changes have they? don't go scaring us all.

Well, this info just seems a little too specific to be "just" a rumor. Previously, it's just been "Tiered data is coming soon". "5GB for $50 a month" is a bit a more specific. Considering this is the only "tier" these rumors are noting, I'd imagine that means there won't be any other tiers. I dunno, it's just frustrating for me, because I've been so pysched up to upgrade at the beginning of April, then I get slapped with this new rumor.

0 Likes