Activation issues
ashleyx

I recently switched from a 3G iphone 4 to an HTC thunderbolt which is 4G. I honestly can't stand this phone. After only using it a few times I realized I wanted to go back to my iphone 4. The only problem is I'm not quite sure how to do this. *228 will not activate from my iphone 4. I'm not sure if the sim card has anything to do with it or not. Activation will also NOT work by clicking on "switch or activate device" on the menu settings of my verizon. How do I reactivate my iphone 4? I'm lost!! HELP please???!!!

0 Likes
Re: Activation issues
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

*228 should work unless they've changed that. What do you like better about the iPhone? Are you able to do as much with it? I am just curious about you not liking the bolt.

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Also wanted to add the only time I've seen where ota or device change wouldn't work on My Verizon was when there was an order pending. This can even happen when the plan is changed and set to take effect on the first of the month.

0 Likes
GreekGuyDave

You need to activate a 4g sim card. Once the sim is activated with your phone number, when you put the sim into the phone it will then activate. Hope this helped.

0 Likes
ashleyx

No, my thunderbolt sim card is already activated that's not the problem. I want to activiate my older phone the iphone 4. When I dial *228 on my iphone 4 it claims that it is only used for 3G devices. My iphone is a 3G device but it will NOT WORK!!! It wont recognize my iphone. Since I'm using a 4G phone it will not go back to a 3G network. I don't know how to change it. I always get an error when I try to activate it online.

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Oh I've never heard of that. A call to customer service may help.

0 Likes
ashleyx

actually, if you use *228 it will tell you that it is only used for 3G devices. so basically if you are using a 4G device at the time, that option will not work anymore.

0 Likes