Adobe Acrobat Reader problem
devildogwyfe

I have not been able to get Adobe Acrobat Reader to work on my phone. My company distributes instruction via pdf files, and I'd been taking my laptop with me on service calls. I still have to do that, because I can't access any .pdf file on my phone except the overly red introductory how-to blurb. One thing that stands out for me is that the app doesn't show up in my app list what so ever. It's listed when I find the 'manage applications' tab. I've tried to download the update, and still no functionality. I uninstalled the update, in hopes of being able to re-install. Is the apps list supposed to include the Adobe Acrobat reader in the list/grid, or am I supposed to only have to go to my list of downloads to get to .pdf's. The downloads list shows where I've tried to download the file, but it always says "download failed".

Am I doing something incorrectly, or is this something that I need to do a factory reset on the phone to rectify? I have the updated Verizon software, but haven't checked to see if there's anything to update to the operating system.

0 Likes
Re: Adobe Acrobat Reader problem
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the Adobe Reader installed from the Play Store?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
devildogwyfe

Yes. I have the update downloaded to the phone. The app does not show up in my list of apps at all, and when I click on downloads to open that list, it shows that I attempted to download files, and each one of them states that the download failed.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the download failed, then there is an issue with the data connection or data management. If the download failed then the program isn't installed. Try to download over WiFi or change your Play Store settings to allow for the download over the cellular data connection.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
devildogwyfe

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the only Adobe Reader from the Play Store that is from Adobe Systems multiple times.

Is there another setting besides the wifi/data connection option I need to change?
I've gone through the Settings menu to the Applications menu and selected Manage Applications. The Adobe Reader is listed under "All", and when I select that particular app, it's indicating that version 10.1.1 is on the phone. The only options available are to back out of this tab in the menu, or selecting Force Stop.
I suspect that in the first few days of having the phone and the "ooh look at mommy's new toy!" someone may have deleted or removed the app somehow, or otherwise caused some kind of disconnection or malfunction. Going back to the Play Store to try again, the Adobe Reader app only has "Open" or "Update" as options for downloading. I downloaded the update (again) and it is showing version 10.3.0, but the downloads are still failing.

What other little quirks and details am I missing as far as settings, updates, or menu selections? Or should I just back up my pictures and files, and reset the phone back to factory defaults and start over again?

0 Likes
devildogwyfe

I called Verizon tech support today, and we did some troubleshooting. I was able to download pdf files if they're attached to emails. Initially the tech support agent on the phone indicated that this model may not be able to access pdf files from certain websites, which would then mean it was an issue with the site in question. She suggested I contact the site provider and try to reach a resolution with the website operator.
After getting off the phone, I was tinkering around and so far have been able to download a variety of pdf files from my work website. I can only guess there needed to be a jump start to things for it to work. Either way, as long as it continues to function properly, I will be fine. It was still frustrating, as I was getting a "download failed" message every single time I attempted to open the files directly from the site. So far, the problem has been resolved.

0 Likes