Adobe not supporting Google
buffala

Ever since I downloaded the gingerbread 2.1 update I can't see any pictures in my emails. I've been to 2 Verizon stores and since Verizon no longer contracts for technicians at their stores the salespeople, although nice, are pretty much useless when it comes to technical issues.  My phone has been reset to factory settings and that doesn't fix it. It seems that Adobe has gotten out of the mobile phone market so only preloaded Adobe still works. However when you update the Rezound software it updates Adobe and even with the factory reset it won't bring the phone back to the priginal Adobe and I still can't get any pictures in my email. I have to forward my Verizon email to my gmail acct to see the pics. Droids are now using HTML5 and not Adobe so I guess I'm stuck with a useless phone. I'm locked into a contract and can't upgrade until 8/13. I think we should all take a class action suit out against Verizon.  Verizon posted this software update on their website causing numerous problems. We should be able to buy a new phone at the lower price for new contracts and not be penalized with a full price for upgrading before the upgrade date. I'll go for a new 2 yr contract but not at full phone price.  Any one having the same problem?

0 Likes
Re: Adobe not supporting Google
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I doubt not being able to see pictures in an e-mail has anything to do with flash player, not that the email app ever integrated with flash player anyway. Have you selected the option at the top of the email to show pictures? And, even if it was due to lack of flash support, it wasn't Verizon's choice to drop it, so I don't know what good a law suit will do.

0 Likes
buffala

Thanks demmo86rt but that's another problem. Ever since that update the SHOW PICTURES doesn't even display anymore. All I get is a very, very small blue box with a ? where the picture/photo should be. Tapping on the ? at one time referred me to Adobe. That's why I feel this is a problem caused by the Adobe/Google fiasco. I've gone over all the settings. Before the update I had no problems at all with the Rezound. From what I've read with other Rezound owners this update has pretty much altered all our phones in a variety of ways. I lost some apps as well but managed to restore them. Even though it's an HTC update Verizon has some liability for encouraging the download by posting it on their website. If Verizon still had technicians in their stores I'd have somewhere to go to try and remedy this but Verizon has dropped the contract with their outside technical vendor. That's why all you have in the Verizon stores now are sales people. Getting the phone back to it's original Adobe (4.0) is the key but the update blocks it even after factory reset.  If I want a new phone and not wait until 8/13 to upgrade I'll have to pay full price and that is definitey not fair to us affected by this update. Verizon should offer a new phone at the new contract customer price which can be a $500. difference. That would be fair even though I'd still be out $200. or so for the new phone. I'm willing to compromise but Verizon isn't.   

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Does this happen with every email? You could try going into either flash player settings (in your app drawer) or the browser settings and enable plugins to see if that helps.

0 Likes
buffala

Again I thank you demmo86rt but I have plugins enabled in Flash as "always on".  Emails from websites like Verizon sending me my ebill display properly with SHOW HTML at top. It's personal emails from friends & family that won't display properly. The pictures and tap on blue highlighted/underscored links are embedded in the emails and used to open with no problem prior to the update. They always displayed or linked to whatever site. Now links to even YouTube won't open. Many links are not even blue highlighted/underscored so I can tap onto them. This is definitely an update problem as this degree of malfunction never happened before this update. I'm going to another Verizon store, presenting my case, and am going to see what their salesperson can offer. If they are not willing to compromise even with me buying a new phone at $200.+ and a new 2 yr contract at the new customer (reduced) phone price I'll file a complaint with the FCC.  There's nothing else I can do. I've tried everything.  Waiting 9 months until 8/13 to qualify for an upgrade at the reduced price for a new phone is not in the cards and it will take the FCC less time than that to work this out with Verizon. Verizon has some culpability in all this regardless of this update coming from HTC. Verizon displayed it on their website. Thanks again for all your advice.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Ok, the picture thing still seems very weird to me, but it may be related.  What happened with the links is, HTC got sued by Apple for hyperlinks displayed on the phone and being given a choice on which app is used to process the link (whether it's a phone number, address, website, or YouTube link, etc.), apparently Apple was recently awarded a patent for a functionality that computing devices have had for decades.  HTC was forced to remove this functionality to prevent a ban on importation of their devices, so that was done with the ICS update.  Again, I don't see why this would relate to pictures in an email, but it may.  One thing you can try is to press menu>settings>app associations and see if there is anything in that list that may help.  Also, depending on which email provider you have, you could see if they have a dedicated app in the Play Store.  I know Yahoo has one, Gmail, of course comes preloaded on the phone, I think hotmail has one, and others may as well.

0 Likes
buffala

Thanks again demmo86rt. So now Adobe is not supporting Google and Apple has sued HTC about links ....and won...so does that mean that we should all stay away from HTC? And those of us with HTC are basically screwed? I'm going to call Verizon customer service because yet again, at the 3rd Verizon store, the stores can do nothing....salespersons only....but at least this last one told me to call Verizon customer service and discuss a new phone with them with no penalty due to all this Adobe/Apple nonsense because Verizon customer service is allowed to offer more options to resolve this than the stores are allowed to offer. I'm so angry that we, the customers, have to put up with this. We contract with Verizon for whatever plans we do, then still have limited functionality. We don't make these decisions and should not have to suffer for it. I'm sure Verizon can reach out to Apple (Adobe is a done issue) so we with HTC have full functionality. I was going to buy the new HTC DNA because it uses HTML5, is using IMAP and POP3 (so that issue is moot) and is loaded with Amazon aps. I have a Kindle. It would've been perfect. Now I'm just looking to stay away from HTC altogether and will have to suffer with my pictures/links problem until 8/13 unless Verizon customer service waives the penalty for upgrading early...if they do at all after I've spoken to them. Again, this is not what any of us contracted for and is not fair to us at all. Thanks again for your added behind the scenes info. If not me, I hope someone does bring a class action suit naming all of them. We're the ones being ripped off.

0 Likes