Android Market wont update to newer version
GIXXER69

Hello I just bought the HTC Renzound and I love the phone, I turned the phone on and got everything running and my other phone was a motorola droid x2. I transfered my google account that I had on the droid x2 to my Renzound. I went to the market to download my apps and its the older version with the green screen. I know on my droid x2 it updated a while ago with the newer version with all the new changes. Ive had the renzound for about 3 days now and the market is still the older version (2.3.6 Version) The newer version is (3.1) or something like that. I went to the help page on the market and it says that its a silent update. I dont know. Is there anyway of updating it manually or what. any info will help. Thank you . Travis day

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android Market wont update to newer version
B33
Legend

The New Version is 3.4.4 an to get it Go to your Settings Menu > then Application > Manage Application then Downloaded or All go to the Market Open it Clear the Data an Cache then Force Stop. Then close by hitting the home Button. Power off then power back on then Go to the Market Icon Open it Accept the Term an the new Update should Load. An if it Don't it may take a few more tries to get the job done. Good Luck B33

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

The New Version is 3.4.4 an to get it Go to your Settings Menu > then Application > Manage Application then Downloaded or All go to the Market Open it Clear the Data an Cache then Force Stop. Then close by hitting the home Button. Power off then power back on then Go to the Market Icon Open it Accept the Term an the new Update should Load. An if it Don't it may take a few more tries to get the job done. Good Luck B33

0 Likes
GIXXER69

Thank you for the advice, it worked. the guy i called at verizon didnt even know what to do. Thanks a bunch

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your welcome that' ll be .1 cent send me a money gram! Lol Lol just kidding an.. Call on me any time i'm usually here for advice an such.. i will try to help as much as i can B33

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

GIXXER69 wrote:

Thank you for the advice, it worked. the guy i called at verizon didnt even know what to do. Thanks a bunch

CSR will rarely know everything about every single device.  They are saying what the screen tells them to tell you.  Some may have your phone and troubleshooted their own device and come up with better "fixes". 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Seems to me that they rarely know anything about any device. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

True, but then you have to consider they don't get paid enough to try and remember everything oland research outside of work.

0 Likes