Anyone loose Hotspot yet?
streakingmonk

it is now 11:00 on 7-7 when we were supposed to loose free hotspot... hasn't happened to me.  Anyone else get it?  I was hoping that it would come with an update to fix this crap phone (crap only because of no fix for massive issues).

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anyone loose Hotspot yet?
AZSALUKI
Legend

i've seen a bunch of articles and blogs that state that verizon has officially announced the new plans.....but nothing on verizon's site??? they are reporting that current customers can get unlimited hot spot for $30 and new customers will get the $20/2 gigs, etc ,etc plans. it is now the 7th and i really would have thought that they would have posted the plans on their site by now???? they are getting worse and worse about this sort of stuff. i don't really care, as i don't use it, but i can't believe that on the day this stuff changes, i can't find the new plans and features on their site (unless i'm just missing it somewhere?)?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I can say it has not been deleted yet and when it does, the fix is not part of the update.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i've seen a bunch of articles and blogs that state that verizon has officially announced the new plans.....but nothing on verizon's site??? they are reporting that current customers can get unlimited hot spot for $30 and new customers will get the $20/2 gigs, etc ,etc plans. it is now the 7th and i really would have thought that they would have posted the plans on their site by now???? they are getting worse and worse about this sort of stuff. i don't really care, as i don't use it, but i can't believe that on the day this stuff changes, i can't find the new plans and features on their site (unless i'm just missing it somewhere?)?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I just checked my plan information through MyVerizon account. The Hotspot Promo is no longer listed in my Features list. I haven't gone looking to deeply into what the hotspot cost would be for someone with a grandfathered unlimited data plan.

The new data plans for new customers are live on the website.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Mine works without hotspot promo. Weird though. They said an update would remove it. Also I could add the plan $30 for unlimited hotspot.
0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

I just got back from my Verizon store. I had gone there this morning to ask about the $30.00 unlimited Hotspot and was assured that I would have that plan. This afternoon I called 611 three times and each time the rep told me that no, the unlimited data was going away and did I want to sign up for the $20.00/2GB plan. Each time I said no and then went back to my Verizon store. I explained the discrepancy between what they were telling me and what phone support was telling me and asked them if anyone at Verizon knew what was going on. The manager had the rep get on his computer and he signed me up for the $30.00 plan and printed me a receipt. I asked him if I would have been given the choice the next time I tethered my laptop and he said he didn't know. I then asked him if I would have lost the unlimited data if I hadn't come in and signed up for it and he said he really didn't know that either and that most of the time they don't know much more than we do. So, just for the heck of it, I asked him why his name was spelled differently on his business card and his name tag. He said for the same reason the fax number on the card is incorrect. I decided to stop asking questions since my confidence level was dropping every time I asked one.

So anyway, I'm now paying $30.00 a month for the hotspot which is hopefully unlimited. I'm beginning to wonder if the phone support was pushing the $20.00/2GB plan to get people from chosing the unlimited, or if they're all really just as confused as we are.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

what i have read states that current customers using the LTE hot spot can enroll in the $30 unlimited plan...but don't have the option for the smaller ($20) plan. and anyone adding hotspot after tomorrow will select form the tiered plans. now this is odd to me because in the past you could add it when you wanted it and then drop it for a few months if you wanted. what i read made it appear that you had to keep the $30 unlimited hotspot if you wanted to keep that rate....and that anyone adding the feature in the future would only have the tiered options. i've got to say that the way verizon has handled things all year (going back to the iphone launch) has been a joke.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, 2011 hasn't exactly been a banner year for Verizon.  Goodbye NE2 and annual upgrade, decreased WFG from 30 to 14 days, Fascinate Froyo debacle, iphone launch, thunderbolt launch and random reboot update, tiered data, etc.  You'd think they'd at least be able to keep their reps on the same page.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

PJNC284 wrote:

yeah, 2011 hasn't exactly been a banner year for Verizon.  Goodbye NE2 and annual upgrade, decreased WFG from 30 to 14 days, Fascinate Froyo debacle, iphone launch, thunderbolt launch and random reboot update, tiered data, etc.  You'd think they'd at least be able to keep their reps on the same page.

exactly. you'd think that they would at least know what their new plans are by the time you have to pick one. it's gotten pretty bad. just how hard would it be to tweet EXACTLY what the new options are?

0 Likes
pitcher23
Enthusiast - Level 2

as of this moment I'm still able to use the hotspot feature and still get that opening screen that says that mobile broadband connect services are available on this device for no additional charge.  Nothing that tells me to choose a tethering plan.

0 Likes