Assigning Ringtones
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Anyone else having issues with keeping ringtones assigned to specific people from automatically changing?  Just curious ---

0 Likes
Re: Assigning Ringtones
Wildman
Legend

Keep on mind that htis happens when you mount the device as a sd card because the device can not access the files when connected as Mass Storage...  This may be your situation...

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi TBoltOwner!

Thanks Wildman, for your input. 

TBoltOwner, I would like to ask if the contacts are connected to your Google account? Please go to Menu, Settings, Accounts & Sync, and Google. You should then be given options to check. You should check at least "Contacts" and "Gmail."

Add the ringtone through your contact list, click edit and change the ringtone to what you want.  Adding it through your contacts once it is synced with your Google account seems to correct it. 

Please post back with your findings. Thanks very much!

0 Likes
mveggiesaurus
Enthusiast - Level 2
Hey TBoltOwner,
I actually just finished going through this with my phone and gave up, I did however do what ChristinaB_VZW said to do, initially...and it still failed, but it works for you than good but if not, your still not the only one ...
0 Likes
chadcupp

I did exactly what you said and my phone still plays a ringtone I have set for my girlfriend for anyone that calls but at random when she calls I get the default.  It all happens randomly.  This seems like a GB error as my phone was fine until the last OTA update.

Chad

0 Likes
gratfuldead69

I'm having the same issues. Works some of the time but randomly goes to default tone. Doing a soft reset (pulling battery) resets it, but now have done reset almost once a day.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Nope. No problems here with this.

I do have my ringtone files saved in very specific folders though that survive a factory reset.
SDcard drive : / media / audio / ringtones
SDcard drive : / media / audio / notifications
SDcard drive : / media / audio / alarms

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jdaddy416

i tried this and it does not work.  any additional help for now would help.

i had a droid x and loved it.  i was given a thunderbolt as a gift.  

random ringtones drive me nuts.  the htc settings and phone are crazy.  

0 Likes